Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 36 37 38 39 4090 >

Jul 21 2010, 1:05 am DevliN Post #741

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I think the categories are fine the way they are. People can minimize anything they don't want to see.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 21 2010, 1:41 am BlueWolf Post #742

I know payned mentioned it, but I feel he will just get ignored, but the descriptions and titles of categories are hard to read. I want to just skim and read, not focus and read. Also, I don't like how the logo is very crowded on the left, and clean on the right. Will there be an alternative?

None.

Jul 21 2010, 1:43 am Devourer Post #743

Hello

I know that, bluewolf, and as I stated somewhere else (IIRC, bad memory) I'll take care of it soon. Or devlin will :)

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 21 2010, 2:04 am payne Post #744

:payne:

Quote from Devourer
Payne, now stop it.
You are walking against a wall and it's becoming ridiculous: why should we even add a category for others? THAT is pointless. The neutral forums are neutral and not worth their own category.
Lazy ass.
And then BlueWolf gets the nice answer when I have the "wall" bullshit?
Anyways, I'll just shut it, let you guys work, and see what happens.
But do not complain when I give suggestions: just say no, and explain why if I ask to. It's as simple as that, and I name this professionalism.

None.

Jul 21 2010, 2:23 am A_of-s_t Post #745

aka idmontie

Quote from payne
Lazy ass.
It's as simple as that, and I name this professionalism.
lol

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jul 21 2010, 2:28 am DevliN Post #746

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

BlueWolf got the same answer we've been giving everyone (considering a few people also asked in the Shoutbox).

I have been responding to suggestions with answers and why I answer how I do (especially if you consider all the ones you made int he Staff Lounge as well). I think the issue here (and the reason Devourer is responding how he is) is because you're taking it personally that we didn't use some of your ideas or graphics. That, in itself, is a lack of professionalism.

We appreciate yours, and everyone's, suggestions. We just can't do all of them, or in some cases don't care to. Nowhere does it say we will use every suggestion made.

Also, BlueWolf, I'll be figuring out a fix for the logo and the forum names/descriptions soon enough.

My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 21 2010, 2:35 am A_of-s_t Post #747

aka idmontie

BTW, if you ever consider making a mobile version of the site, here are some suggestions:

Remove forum descriptions. They take up too much space on a limited screen.
Put only the link to the most recent post (no date or poster).
Remove fancy background images.
Use a centered, small SEN logo for the header.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jul 21 2010, 5:04 am rayNimagi Post #748

Is it just me, or do all the links move slower than in the old version?

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Jul 21 2010, 9:14 am payne Post #749

In fact, I have a great solution:
Remove the forum's images, but leave them at the top of the page, where they are currently, when we browse through the forums themselves: it looks very great there, but not on the main page. :O

None.

Jul 21 2010, 9:29 am Devourer Post #750

Hello

This is the worst solution ever and totally ruins the skins.

Jul 21 2010, 9:32 am DevliN Post #751

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I think to an extent that may work, but I don't really like them on the forum pages. Plus if we remove the images, the forums all look identical other than the text. At least with Epic/Carbonite/etc. they had forum icons.

My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 21 2010, 9:35 am payne Post #752

Quote from Devourer
This is the worst solution ever and totally ruins the skins.
I won't add anything to this.

Anyways, bug report:
When we type something in the 'quick search' box and press 'enter', we're stuck with it until we close the window-tab or make a new research. What I mean is that the word we have entered stays there, instead of getting replaced back by "Quick Search".

None.

Jul 21 2010, 9:57 am Devourer Post #753

Hello

Lol, it's on purpose and you can edit the textbox, can't you? -.-

Jul 21 2010, 8:27 pm payne Post #754

Quote from Devourer
Well, if it is on purpose, I find it rather useless.
Let's I search for 'portal'. I get all my results, can open all of them in a new tab or even in the same tab and come back to the page from there. Once I'm done with this research, why would I require the word 'portal' in this quick search anymore? If I want to do a new search, I must make some superfluous selection and key-hit (backspace) instead of a simple click in the box.
But heh, that's just my opinion. ;o

None.

Jul 22 2010, 1:16 am A_of-s_t Post #755

aka idmontie

Quote from payne
Quote from Devourer
Let's I search for 'portal'. I get all my results, can open all of them in a new tab or even in the same tab and come back to the page from there. Once I'm done with this research, why would I require the word 'portal' in this quick search anymore? If I want to do a new search, I must make some superfluous selection and key-hit (backspace) instead of a simple click in the box.

Now you're just nitpicking. The search bar in Mozilla does the same fucking thing.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jul 22 2010, 1:21 am rockz Post #756

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

how about it auto selects the entire query so you can easily type a new search? This annoys me to no end in mint.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 22 2010, 1:28 am payne Post #757

Quote from A_of-s_t
Quote from payne
Quote from Devourer

Now you're just nitpicking. The search bar in Mozilla does the same fucking thing.
At first, I thought I'd talk-shit about it, but then I found it irrelevant.

Anyways, here it is: I fucking hate how I must remove the fucking last search I've made in this goddamn bar!
(Talking of Firefox's bar just as SEN's. ^^)

Rockz solution looks like perfect to me! :3

And here are some other concerns:
- http://www.staredit.net/topic/11831/
- We should be warned when someone has posted something while we were writing our post
- Along with minerals, SEN-games must live!
- When creating a new thread, the title of the cadre looks weird. However, this one looks okay.
- The new notices are very neat, but place at the top right, hardly noticeable. Both of the notices I've had so far were notified as "20 minutes ago"... not very effective :P
- You forgot to change the color of the Title Cadres in the Messages.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 22 2010, 1:35 am by payne.

None.

Jul 22 2010, 6:33 am A_of-s_t Post #758

aka idmontie

I do realize there are a lot more prevalent things to work on, but I would like to suggest a feature: a post/topic query function which allows a user to look at a list of some of the following example queries:
'Topics with recent posts within the last five minutes'
'Topics with recent posts that I have posted in.'
'Topics with more than five posts in ____ forum.'
'Topics flagged as unanswered.'

A topic tagging system would also be nice (going along with the last query example).

Oh, and if these features exist in some forum, and I just never noticed them, link me to them and disregard this post.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jul 22 2010, 3:32 pm Demented Shaman Post #759

something is wrong with the links. when i try to hover over the link to the topic on the main page of the Portal News forum there are parts where i don't get the hand cursor. it's weird because it seems to only happen in that one particular area

I can move my cursor back and forth over that area and it will change back and from from the hand to the regular cursor. Sometimes it doesn't even change at all and just stays stuck on the regular cursor pointer over that entire area.

None.

Jul 22 2010, 3:34 pm Devourer Post #760

Hello

Resolution and browser name please

Options
Pages: < 1 « 36 37 38 39 4090 >
  Back to forum