Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Resident Evil: Two
Resident Evil: Two
Mar 23 2008, 2:22 am
By: Neptune
Pages: 1 2 3 >

Mar 23 2008, 2:22 am Neptune Post #1

It's been 2 years since the smash hit Resident Evil: One...

RESIDENT EVIL: TWO

Title: Resident Evil: Two
Players: 5
Release date: TBA
Theme: Action/Horror
Artist: Bioject

Story: A bizarre incident occurred in the outskirts of
an American suburb called Racoon City. It was later revealed that
the terrible disaster had been caused by the T-Virus, a mutagenic
toxin created by the international corporation Umbrella incorporated.
The Racoon police department special S.T.A.R.S Unit began an
immediate investigation. The case was apparently closed thanks
to the efforts of S.T.A.R.S members Chris Redfield and Jill
Valentine. But the umbrella corporation’s experiments were far
from finished...

Features: Expect to see the classic aiming system, unique terrain and tiles, doors, and inventory. The knifing system will be different and more balanced, and the inventory spaces will be reduced from 6 slots to 4. I also tuned down the players vision, making it harder to see what will jump out in front of you. Also all the old items will be added including some new ones. The new puzzles are hoping to be set for random, and the new bosses are expected to be tougher. Expect to see a lot of changes from the last one. Normal zombies are able to poison you this time, each bite has a 15% chance of infecting you. Blue herbs will be able to cure the virus and the virus will have a 50% slower drain. Up to 2x more zombies in rooms and the zombies will also feature a new "Blood loss" effect. When you shoot zombies blood will splatter like the first one, but this time it will also spread out a crossed the ground they walk on. If you clear out a room and other players walk in shortly after, they will know someone was just there due to the blood splatter. Players will also hear muffled gunshots through other rooms, and I hope to give off a lighting effect due to the lack of vision, such as torches, windows, flickering lights, ect.

Sorry for those who are expecting my older work that I announced, TMNT, Shroud of Darkness, I just got a new computer. Lost all of my work, however I still got tmnt, just an older version of it, I plan to still work on it, but I just got a tad lazy and started this new project. I'm always up to hear peoples suggestions, ideas, and even thoughts about my project.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 24 2008, 1:23 pm by Neptune.

None.

Mar 23 2008, 10:40 pm FooFighters Post #2

Have fun Bio, this gotta be the hardest maps u created so far, and will this game be based on Resident Evil 2? [for the N64 and Playstation]

None.

Mar 24 2008, 1:24 pm Neptune Post #3

Quote from FooFighters
Have fun Bio, this gotta be the hardest maps u created so far, and will this game be based on Resident Evil 2? [for the N64 and Playstation]

Yeah it will. Only you'll start out in the RPD.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 2:48 pm Hug A Zergling Post #4

Quote from Neptune

Why only start there? It wouldn't be that much harder to start from the street. Well, I guess it depends on your tileset....

HAHA I still have this for n64. Greatest n64 game ever! Next to SC64 of course.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 4:42 pm FooFighters Post #5

Quote from Hug A Zergling
Quote from Neptune
Why only start there? It wouldn't be that much harder to start from the street. Well, I guess it depends on your tileset.... HAHA I still have this for n64. Greatest n64 game ever! Next to SC64 of course.

Never played SC64, but i wish i had learnt about it!!
N64 has very good games, and i am a big fan of Nintendo [but go to other systems sometimes too] and i say Mario 64, and Resident Evil 2 make it to the top 5 games in my book [fighting for #1]

None.

Mar 24 2008, 5:27 pm Hug A Zergling Post #6

I have Mario 64! Im stuck on the penguin level tho :<_<: Super Smash bros was really good too, except im not gunna talk about that because this will turn into a discussion about "Brawl".

Did you ever play the old Turok?

None.

Mar 24 2008, 5:37 pm Excalibur Post #7

The sword and the faith

I created a scaled exact replica of the RE2 RPD in square terrain, i can check if i still have it if you would like to have a look at it.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Mar 24 2008, 7:50 pm UNORiGiNAL Post #8

Don't fail so hard this time bio...

None.

Mar 24 2008, 8:37 pm FooFighters Post #9

What will the knifing be like this time, [in the game, i dont think you could use knives] and will you use more then 1 weapon this time?!

None.

Mar 24 2008, 11:00 pm Hug A Zergling Post #10

Quote from FooFighters
What will the knifing be like this time, [in the game, i dont think you could use knives] and will you use more then 1 weapon this time?!

You could use knives in RE2, and you could use more then one weapon.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 6:37 am Neptune Post #11

Quote from Excalibur
I created a scaled exact replica of the RE2 RPD in square terrain, i can check if i still have it if you would like to have a look at it.

Ahaha that's what i did with RE: one! Yeah, I'd love to look at it, I may even use some terrain from it. (with your permission of course)

None.

Mar 25 2008, 6:39 am Neptune Post #12

Quote from FooFighters

Well.. I could have it set where you pick up diferent weapons, but they'd all have to do the same damage becuase of the enemy hp system.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 6:41 am Neptune Post #13

Quote from UNORiGiNAL

How did I fail the first time?

None.

Mar 25 2008, 10:59 am UNORiGiNAL Post #14

Quote from Neptune
Quote from UNORiGiNAL

How did I fail the first time?

I just wanted your attention.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 11:30 am candle12345 Post #15

How will the lighting work, static blinded units that switch a visioned player as you approach?

None.

Mar 25 2008, 5:46 pm Neptune Post #16

Quote from candle12345
How will the lighting work, static blinded units that switch a visioned player as you approach?

That's one way of doing it, but I was thinking vision with nearby pylons (torches), map revealers, to make some rooms brighter than others, I can even use allied vision to make it look like light is glairing through windows.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 5:57 pm FooFighters Post #17

Neptune, [bio] i HOPE you get finished with this project.
Will you use any environmental interaction? Link

None.

Mar 25 2008, 5:58 pm FooFighters Post #18

Quote from Neptune
Quote from FooFighters
Well.. I could have it set where you pick up diferent weapons, but they'd all have to do the same damage becuase of the enemy hp system.

No it couldnt be the same dmg if you used death counts and more triggers, Think outside the box

None.

Mar 26 2008, 9:32 am Paravin. Post #19

This map sounds sexy! Du eet guud!

None.

Mar 30 2008, 7:54 am Neptune Post #20

Quote from FooFighters
Neptune, [bio] i HOPE you get finished with this project.
Will you use any environmental interaction? Link

I might

None.

Options
Pages: 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum