Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Headset microphone
Headset microphone
Sep 3 2007, 4:52 am
By: Kow  

Sep 3 2007, 4:52 am Kow Post #1

So I'm looking for a headset (Mic + headphones), preferrably one that plugs directly into the mic + speaker holes rather than usb, but if it's a good usb one, I can settle for that just fine. Price below 50 or so bucks is a non-issue. Got any suggestions? Brand? Model?

None.

Sep 3 2007, 11:31 am ~:Deathawk:~ Post #2

I know this is a little over your budget, but the difference between the ones that cost 40 and this is quite substantial. So yeah, I feel that the 6~ extra dollars is definitely worth it.

None.

Sep 3 2007, 12:40 pm AntiSleep Post #3

Quote from ~:Deathawk:~
I know this is a little over your budget, but the difference between the ones that cost 40 and this is quite substantial. So yeah, I feel that the 6~ extra dollars is definitely worth it.
It would help if we knew what you were talking about.

None.

Sep 3 2007, 2:12 pm Sael Post #4

I use the Plantronics GamecomPro1 USB headset. It costs $45-$50 plus whatever shipping is (like a dollar or two). Just about any $30 headset will suit you very well with the differences being minimal (online reviews are your friend).

None.

Sep 3 2007, 4:06 pm Kow Post #5

OMFG IT FOLDS UP!

That one?

None.

Sep 3 2007, 4:51 pm ~:Deathawk:~ Post #6

Quote from AntiSleep
Quote from ~:Deathawk:~
It would help if we knew what you were talking about.
What do you want me to say that wouldn't be blatantly obvious? They sound very good, they are very comfortable, more so than any other headset in it's range. And they look good, too ^^ Also, iCEMAT is known for making pretty quality products.

None.

Sep 3 2007, 5:44 pm Sael Post #7

Deathawk, you never said which headphones you were talking about.

None.

Sep 3 2007, 11:35 pm ~:Deathawk:~ Post #8

LOL, I'M AN IDIOT.

I'm sorry.

http://www.amazon.com/Icemat-10060-Siberia-Headset-White/dp/B000ANGTWK

iCEMAT Siberia 10060

46 @ amazon =\

None.

Sep 4 2007, 8:04 pm Twitch Post #9

I had bought a logitech headset for 20 dollars but not my size it still work for a good while though.I would suggest getting a logitech headset it meets your needs.

None.

Sep 5 2007, 1:01 pm Kow Post #10

Yeah, Logitech is a good brand. Any other suggestions?

None.

Sep 5 2007, 9:47 pm ~:Deathawk:~ Post #11

Just a heads up, Logitech headsets aren't all known for being very comfortable.. at least the cheaper sets.. it varies from person to person though.. :\

None.

Sep 12 2007, 12:57 pm Kow Post #12

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-981-000018-ClearChat-Style-Headset/dp/B000OAHOVO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_8/103-6579484-6131833?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1189601577&sr=8-8

Ended up with that and so far I'm really happy. The quality is excellent both microphone and headset and it rests comfortably on my ears, though the earpiece can become irratable if I keep it on for a while because it's not glossy, but kinda square where it rests on my ears.

It came in the mail rather quickly too. I ordered sunday afternoon, maybe even night, and it shipped monday and got to me yesterday afternoon with the standard 5 day shipping. Yay amazon!

None.

Sep 12 2007, 10:34 pm Centreri Post #13

Relatively ancient and inactive

I use this as a headset (you also need a twoggle or twong or something like to connect to computer, wireless). Yes, it's a bluetooth. It's great for chanting on Vent, extremely comfortable (forgot about it), costs around 50 bucks, can be used for either ear, great quality. And connects to your cellphone.

Good luck with your new headset :P.

None.

Options
  Back to forum