Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Lurkers are unburrowing and running around.
Lurkers are unburrowing and running around.
Feb 26 2023, 10:40 pm
By: jpanside  

Feb 26 2023, 10:40 pm jpanside Post #1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cvPZgKDYg3x53fiCd5m4J5YCdtE3Y0-h/view?usp=sharing

I made this UMS map to practice my dragoon, high templar, and observer micro against massive fields of lurkers. But the lurkers in my map keep running around by unburrowing and running straight into my army. Is it possible to create a single player UMS map where they just stay burrowed forever and attack all enemies within range?

Please assist. I tried disabling lurker aspect but that doesn't work.

Thank you so much. I really respect the SC1 mapmakers who are still in the scene.

None.

Feb 26 2023, 11:46 pm Dem0n Post #2

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

If you disable burrow for them, they won't unburrow. However, if burrow is disabled, the map will start with them unburrowed, so what you can do is give them to a computer player that has burrow disabled, and then they'll stay burrowed.

Feb 27 2023, 4:24 am jpanside Post #3

Quote from Dem0n
If you disable burrow for them, they won't unburrow. However, if burrow is disabled, the map will start with them unburrowed, so what you can do is give them to a computer player that has burrow disabled, and then they'll stay burrowed.

So I disabled burrow for them and they started unburrowed. I gave them to the computer and then the lurkers burrowed but this was not optimal since the lurkers still run up to you. Is there no other way for them to start burrowed and stay in their positions?

None.

Feb 27 2023, 5:40 pm Dem0n Post #4

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

In the editor, give the lurkers to a computer that has burrowed enabled. That way, they'll be burrowed when the map starts. Then, make a trigger to give the lurkers to another computer play that has burrow disabled. That'll keep them burrowed in place and they won't be able to unburrow.

Feb 27 2023, 6:22 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #5

👻 👾 👽 💪

I think giving to a computer player automatically unburrows the lurker even if it's disabled, iirc that only works for human players. I'm not really sure how to make computers be not dumb with lurkers though.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Feb 27 2023, 7:20 pm GGmano Post #6

Mr.Pete-Tong

you need to order the lurkers to the possition they at when enemies in sight of the lurkers and than dont give them any orders from that point, than they will stay burrowed untill enemies dead nearby.

its not that easy with alot of lurkers, if you using euds you need detect every single lurker with eud, if you not using eud than you need a hybrid location grid. if you have alot of lurkers.

A Legendary Map Maker, Player. Apparently im more than intresting to observe Irl

Ill try do my best in making all youre watchers happy

The maps I made are tweaked into perfection and maximum strategy added

Feb 27 2023, 7:59 pm Dem0n Post #7

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
I think giving to a computer player automatically unburrows the lurker even if it's disabled, iirc that only works for human players. I'm not really sure how to make computers be not dumb with lurkers though.
Yeah you're right. They'll be burrowed at the start but once you come near them and run away they'll unburrow to chase you.

Feb 27 2023, 10:22 pm GGmano Post #8

Mr.Pete-Tong

i can upload the lurker trigger map i have

where lurker triggers are made so that lurkers burrow when enemy in sight and dont unburrow before enemy either out of range or dead

this test map made by lanthanide or queen gambit not sure who,,

but it only works with 1 lurker, not all sure how the triggers looks in the map tho,,

I made the lurkers work that way aswell in my map not sure if using same system of triggers, the systems are not fully same but works abit alike, in my ds i did it with 2 lurkers and i make my lurkers burrow both when buildings and enemy units in sight, and i dont make them unburrow one time no each spawn my lurkers only unburrow when units either dead or not in range, or if attacking a building and the enemy units come in sight than they unburrow to come closer on the enemy units, this is because the lurker ai priotize enemy units over buildings,

Attachments:
Lurker Ai DS.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 42.01kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 27 2023, 10:30 pm by GGmano.

A Legendary Map Maker, Player. Apparently im more than intresting to observe Irl

Ill try do my best in making all youre watchers happy

The maps I made are tweaked into perfection and maximum strategy added

May 9 2023, 10:56 am IichadHuck Post #9

However, if burrow is disabled, the map will start with them unburrowed, so what you can do is give them to a computer player that has burrow disabled, and then they'll stay burrowed.

None.

Options
  Back to forum