Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: What happens if a player is set to unally itself?
What happens if a player is set to unally itself?
Dec 4 2022, 9:03 am
By: IlyaSnopchenko  

Dec 4 2022, 9:03 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #1

The Curious

I decided to try doing this for the heck of it. But I'll use this as an effect in a mission.

Trial and error... mostly error.

Dec 5 2022, 2:18 pm NiceNowIHaveAName Post #2

Lol. Nice

None.

Dec 5 2022, 3:23 pm Andrea Rosa Post #3

Just a glitch in the Matrix

I can relate to that Dragoon so much.

Level Design Workshop

''Go to hell'' is basic. ''I hope your favorite StarCraft character gets voiced by Pr0nogo'' is smart. It's possible. It's terrifying.

Dec 5 2022, 7:30 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #4

The Curious

And you've not seen the first video when a screen full of heroic units placed for a computer player for testing purposes went nuts on each other...
... Oh well.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xc1DMjPqA0H6P8a8JgjFayk01UxCrUrO/view?usp=share_link
(sorry, the sound comes out botched in these recordings)

The trigger for that was in Torrasque's death animation (not anymore).

Dec 6 2022, 8:24 pm NiceNowIHaveAName Post #5

This reminds me a bit of Doom's monster infighting.

None.

Dec 7 2022, 3:05 am Andrea Rosa Post #6

Just a glitch in the Matrix

Khalakiri LOL

Level Design Workshop

''Go to hell'' is basic. ''I hope your favorite StarCraft character gets voiced by Pr0nogo'' is smart. It's possible. It's terrifying.

Dec 7 2022, 9:05 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #7

The Curious

This reminds me a bit of Doom's monster infighting.
... And especially the bug in the early version of Doom where a monster that damaged itself by detonating an exploding barrel would proceed to kill itself, construing that it itself was the source of damage.

This was fixed in later versions, certainly in 1.666 which was the retail version of DOOM II. :-)

I need to point out that setting self-enmity can only be done with AICE. Not triggers.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 19 2023, 7:00 am by IlyaSnopchenko.

Dec 7 2022, 3:30 pm DarkenedFantasies Post #8

Roy's Secret Service

Quote from IlyaSnopchenko
I need to point out that setting self-enmity can only be done with AICE. Not triggers.
It can be done through triggers if you consider EUDs, by modifying the player alliance statuses at 0x0058D634+0xC*PlayerID. They're the same arrays modified by the set alliance trigger, but the trigger action checks that the target player isn't the same as the source player.

Dec 7 2022, 3:53 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #9

The Curious

Thanks. I suspected that it was possible, but since I don't do EUD, I wasn't researching it.

Dec 8 2022, 8:06 pm NiceNowIHaveAName Post #10

Nice, I didn't know that. Also nice touch with 1.666 by them. Since we're at this, did you know about this Starcraft in Doom mod?

None.

Dec 11 2022, 10:45 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #11

The Curious

Nice, I didn't know that. Also nice touch with 1.666 by them. Since we're at this, did you know about this Starcraft in Doom mod?
No. I remember an SC mod with some Doom sprites imported, but this one is just sick. :)

Dec 11 2022, 7:38 pm NiceNowIHaveAName Post #12

Quote from IlyaSnopchenko
No. I remember an SC mod with some Doom sprites imported, but this one is just sick. :)
:)

If you can recall it, can you drop its name here?

None.

Options
  Back to forum