Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: EUD Location follows cursor, MSQC plugin help
EUD Location follows cursor, MSQC plugin help
Nov 22 2022, 3:07 pm
By: Brusilov  

Nov 22 2022, 3:07 pm Brusilov Post #1

Hi, quite simply, I've configured the MSQC plugin in EUD Editor 2 to detect keypresses – works great, except I can't get it to detect mouse clicks (what's up with that?). Anyway, I want Location 1 to follow the mouse cursor for Player 1, so that when they press a certain key, a unit will spawn at that location. It's fine if it always follows it for now, since I can try to add a condition to it later.

Except, I don't understand how to make it work? I set the Player 1 location to PL1Mouse as in the image below. It doesn't seem to do it automatically. So, I have to load a function in the trigger editor I assume? Except I don't see any MSQC-related functions. I tried loading EUDMoveLocation function, but I clearly don't know how to set it up correctly or make it talk to whatever the MSQC plugin does. Can someone help me make sense of this? This link discusses it, but it's in Korean and the translation is awful, and the documentation for this is overall really poor despite seeming easy.

None.

Dec 17 2022, 8:05 pm Butch Post #2

PROFESSIONAL MAP MAKER

I dont know if the details of EUD Editor 2 vs EE3 are different for MSQC but I can tell you how I've configured MSQC and how I use it for these things.

obviously the first 3 lines of the configuration are the ones applicable to your situation, you can probably ignore the rest. It's important to note that MouseLoc1 is the first in a series of 8 locations (8 players in my map) that immediately follow eachother - the location IDs are consecutive which is necessary for MSQC to work correctly. You only have to specify the first location and MSQC will just use the location ids following the first one you specified.

in my code the variables assigned to the mouse click actions are PVariable, so you'd access each players click action by mouseleftdown[0] for P1, mouseleftdown[1] for P2, etc. You might be using classic triggers in which case I have no idea how you declare variables that way.

This is what works for me, hopefully it helps.

None.

Dec 19 2022, 10:51 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #3

The Curious

Huh, this is inspiring me to make a location follow the cursor clicks... with modding instead, based on the fact that the cursor marker is also a sprite and thus has its iscript entry.

Can you tell me what this might be useful for? (the only idea I have is order an NPC follower around by right-clicking and having them move to the same spot the player's unit does... that kind of stuff)

Trial and error... mostly error.

Dec 20 2022, 1:35 pm Ultraviolet Post #4

Quote from IlyaSnopchenko
Huh, this is inspiring me to make a location follow the cursor clicks... with modding instead, based on the fact that the cursor marker is also a sprite and thus has its iscript entry.

Can you tell me what this might be useful for? (the only idea I have is order an NPC follower around by right-clicking and having them move to the same spot the player's unit does... that kind of stuff)

Could also be useful for various targeting functions like if you wanted to make it so players could cast a spell wherever their cursor was or something.

Dec 20 2022, 6:00 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #5

The Curious

Makes sense, thanks.

Trial and error... mostly error.

Options
  Back to forum