Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Forcing upgrades (AI or triggers), giving/taking away tech/abili
Forcing upgrades (AI or triggers), giving/taking away tech/abili
Aug 30 2022, 6:19 pm
By: SPyro_Malin  

Aug 30 2022, 6:19 pm SPyro_Malin Post #1

I am sure that these questions have been asked multiple times in here over the years... I just can not find it :/.
Only mapmaking, please no solutions requiring modding.

1. Is it possible to force an +1 upgrade using triggers somehow? The intention is to have gradually upgrading opponent, preferably all the way up to +5. (I do remember Spellsword preventing an 'forbidden' upgrade even though player could have tech, button and resources for it. It's probably not related... but maybe?)
2. Will any AI upgrade past +3 under any circumstances?
3. Can I lock some tech after the game already started? Let's say I want player to be able to choose between 'commanders sc2 coop style' and want to prevent them from building some units, but I do want them to be able to mind contol and use them as well. Removing tech structures as soon as they build can achieve it, but what if I wanted to disable a Zealot for example? I would also like to prevent mind controlled scvs from building, but be able to repair.
4. Can I give units that normally don't have abilities access to them? Let's say Archon with Psionic Storm?

None.

Aug 31 2022, 7:02 am Nekron Post #2

1. assuming you do not mean starting upgrade level ( which can be set in UMS ), only with EUDs or modding
2. with modding (technically you could bundle a script with EUDs I think?)
3. with modding, not sure about EUDs
4. with modding unless iscript allows it, then also with EUDs

Nothing of this is possible in standard UMS

Aug 31 2022, 3:26 pm SPyro_Malin Post #3

EUDs are mapping. Do you happen to know what to look for to do this?

None.

Sep 3 2022, 10:11 am Sie_Sayoka Post #4

EUD Editor>Trigger Editor>Action>SetUpgrade

None.

Sep 7 2022, 9:10 pm SPyro_Malin Post #5

Thank you Sayoka

None.

Options
  Back to forum