Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: SCMDraft error
SCMDraft error
Aug 24 2022, 11:55 am
By: KingJohnVIII  

Aug 24 2022, 11:55 am KingJohnVIII Post #1

Help, I spent multiple hours figuring out the map making process and built a map. Last night a saved it and this morning I logged on to get on it and it tells me “opening protected maps disabled! Compile with -ignore-protection option set” also along with a few more one of them being “(Engine) Closed map”. How do I reopen it? Like I said before this is my map. Thanks

None.

Aug 24 2022, 1:06 pm Ultraviolet Post #2

Did you inject EUDs into the map with one of the EUD Editors? Maps with EUDs injected that way can no longer be opened by Scmdraft, you have to edit the original and always inject into a new map. I tag mine with [EUD] for the EUD injected version so they always have different filenames.

Aug 24 2022, 3:05 pm KingJohnVIII Post #3

Would an example of an EUD be a trigger that I set up where if a certain “gate hinge” at location main gate was destroyed then “Gate Operator” who is at location Gate Controls be killed? If so then yes. It’s the same type of trigger that is used in the helms deep games that open and close the doodad gates.

None.

Aug 26 2022, 1:19 pm Ultraviolet Post #4

No, EUD injection is done with separate programs like EUD Editor 2 and EUD Editor 3. Triggers created within SCMDraft, including EUDs, shouldn't have this effect.

Options
  Back to forum