Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Are there any good map protector's out there still?
Are there any good map protector's out there still?
Jun 20 2022, 9:10 am
By: Volumes  

Jun 20 2022, 9:10 am Volumes Post #1

Looking to test a new project and just felt like using a protector before taking it public. Not that I think anyone really cares to steal an SC1 project nowadays... but I worked really hard on it >_<. Are there still any good ones around? Most don't seem to work anymore with remastered maps. Thanks!

None.

Jun 20 2022, 1:56 pm GGmano Post #2

Mr.Pete-Tong

Do you plan to get money from making the map/working hard on the map. Im sorry but im not fan of people protecting maps its freeware(its free to play sc) neither am i an hater of those who lock maps.. if you upload it here or and make a showcase on the map.. map makers here will take action upon others trying to take credit for something you made.

I worked on a map for 3 years now,, and before that i had worked on it for 3 years + aswell 10 years ago,, the work i did i never locked i would be fully ok with others to use my work in their maps,, and other map makers already did, and without given me credit for anything.. it really doesnt matter that much.. what i think you should focus on is the succes you can get if you make something good, if you lock youre map i can assure you those who want can still steal it and if the map is not super huge its also possible to copy youre work pretty easy.. so really if i where you i wouldnt lock the map youre doin its a sign of not beeing open minded, if you find others that use youre mechanics ideas or map in any way post it here so map makers will know and youll have even more succes than having a map players using, cause than you did something map makers also using. Im making a fully new map i plan not to lock ofcourse.

If you work with EUD editor the maps are auto locked, thats what most map makers here use, they dont need a tool to lock their maps, thats what i think, but im not you so what you choose is all good with me, im not a hater for those who lock their maps.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 20 2022, 9:13 pm by GGmano.

A Legendary Map Maker, Player. Apparently im more than intresting to observe Irl

Ill try do my best in making all youre watchers happy

The maps I made are tweaked into perfection and maximum strategy added

Jun 20 2022, 2:49 pm NudeRaider Post #3

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Volumes
Looking to test a new project and just felt like using a protector before taking it public. Not that I think anyone really cares to steal an SC1 project nowadays... but I worked really hard on it >_<. Are there still any good ones around? Most don't seem to work anymore with remastered maps. Thanks!
You could post your map here in the DLDB or showcase it here, so everyone will recognize who the original map maker is. Because remember, any map that is readable by StarCraft can be unprotected. Just a matter of effort.

Alternatively, for basic protection you could use Tiny Map 2. Its original purpose is to reduce file size, but it als has decent protection as a side effect.

Jun 21 2022, 3:28 am Volumes Post #4

Fair points. Thanks

None.

Options
  Back to forum