Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Chkdraft issue when editing an EUD map
Chkdraft issue when editing an EUD map
Feb 26 2022, 9:56 am
By: NiceNowIHaveAName  

Feb 26 2022, 9:56 am NiceNowIHaveAName Post #1

Hi! I was using Chkdraft 1.01.6947.10942 to edit this EUD map, but whenever I go to Scenario > Unit Settings and alternate with the other tabs (eg. Forces, Map Properties) until the asterisk shows up next to the file name, indicating that changes occured to the file, and then I save the file, I get this error in Starcraft:

This also happens with editing or adding a trigger and then saving and compiling it within Tools > Text Triggers.

What's interesting, if I'm adding terrain, units or buildings on the map (might work as well with locations and sprites), and the I save the map, the map will run without any problems in Starcraft.
This is not the only map that I'm encountering this issue with.

So, does anyone know how to get past this issue?

None.

Feb 26 2022, 9:52 pm jjf28 Post #2

Cartography Artisan

hiya, the size of the STR section in that map is 114MB meaning some tool (such as EUD editor) has compiled triggers (and possibly other non-string data) into the STR section; it's infeasible to make non-trivial edits to such a map without the source scripts/source map and the same tool to recompile those trigger scripts into the map; you'll need to contact the author for the map source materials if you want to make changes.

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Feb 27 2022, 10:36 am NiceNowIHaveAName Post #3

As to my understanding, you're the creator of Chkdraft, as such, thank you very much for creating this really nice tool!

I see, thank you for the explanation and for the advice! I guess you must be referring to this, when talking about the STR section.

What I was looking for was to modify this trigger or remove it completely:

Trigger("Player 1","Player 2","Player 3","Player 4","Player 5","Player 6"){
Conditions:
Accumulate("Current Player", At least, 500, ore);

Actions:
Defeat();

Flags:
00000000000000000000000000001000;

The reason behind it is that I wanted to use "show me the money" in single player, to check out what all the levels in the map spawn, and how could I pass them with various units, and perhaps, write a guide that would help other people to beat the map.

I know there are other solutions to solve this problem by adding mineral fields, command centers and scvs on the map, but I was wondering if, given the map works with starcraft 1.16.1, I could change the "500" (minerals present in the trigger) value in memory, while the game runs, to a value like 100 000, thus making "show me the money" work.

I know that it's possible to modify the value in memory for units/buildings stats (eg. damage, hp), and probably for others that I'm not aware of, because I have done it in the past. Since then, I forgot how I've done it, but if you think I can change that 500 value, then I can get back and learn it again. I am more curious to know if it works with triggers as well, at this point.

I am more curious to find out about it because there are maps that are locked, and the only way you could "disable" such a trigger that prevents money cheating is by modifying the memory, if possible, which would be easier than changing every, say, damage/hp stats for every type of unit that you might want to use or using the method with scvs described above, ultimately taking a lot less time.

This might be my last request, as in few days I might have to go to war against Putin.

None.

Feb 27 2022, 9:27 pm DarkenedFantasies Post #4

Roy's Secret Service

If the map works in 1.16.1, instead of editing the map with EUD triggers, you can directly edit your mineral count at will with a tool like Cheat Engine. Much more practical than having to rely on triggers to do your testing/debugging/whatever in that context.

Feb 28 2022, 12:32 pm NiceNowIHaveAName Post #5

That's what I ended up doing today, I used Cheat Engine and I found and set the minerals to 300, and locked that value in place, since I wasn't allowed to go past 499 minerals. And yeah, the map works with 1.16.1 and Eud Enable. Shoutout to farty1billion!

Thank you for helping out!

Since I was still curious if the value of the trigger can be changed, I edited a map where I added a more unique value to the anti-cheat trigger, like this:

Trigger("Player 1"){
Conditions:
Accumulate("Player 1", At least, 7130, ore);

Actions:
Defeat();
Display Text Message(Always Display, "stop cheating");
}

Thereafter I looked in Cheat Engine for 7130, which returned one result, which I then changed to 20000. With the value in place, the game would display defeat only when I'd get to at least 20 k minerals.

Getting back to the map posted above, I tried the same thing, but since 500 is not a unique value I got hundreds of results, so I had to give up.

What I have in mind is to get back to the test map and trigger the defeat prompt, based on the 7130 trigger. Once that happens, I imagine I should do the next things in Cheat Engine to find out the 7130 value:
1. Look for either "stop cheating" or "You failed to achieve victory!", or substrings of the previous 2 strings.
2. Find out where the defeat function happens within the asm code
3. Find out what calls defeat
4. Dig deeper until I find out if the caller contains 7130

If I'll find 7130, then I only have to apply the same logic to the above map.

The problem is I don't really know asm.

None.

Options
  Back to forum