Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Help with an EUD map that keeps crashing most of the time
Help with an EUD map that keeps crashing most of the time
Sep 14 2021, 5:52 am
By: NiceNowIHaveAName  

Sep 14 2021, 5:52 am NiceNowIHaveAName Post #1

Sup y'all! A few days ago I came across this really nice korean 5v3 cpus map where EUD makes it possible for turrets to shoot both air and ground, for toss buildings to be placed without pylons, for workers to take 0.5 population and much more. But one unfortunate thing keeps happening, 9 out of 10 times the game crashes mid game.

Can any of you have a look at the map and fix the thing that keeps making the game crash, please? If you consider it takes more than 5 minutes to fix it, please don't bother with it.

Thank you!

None.

Sep 15 2021, 5:56 pm NiceNowIHaveAName Post #2

Man, I thought staredit was riddled with homies. This is such terrible news to me ;(

If you were to have helped me, I would have invited you to my pool party, but now it's only me and the babes. Must be so sad to be you ;(

Btw, this is me and the babes right now:

None.

Sep 15 2021, 8:34 pm Luigi Post #3

In God I trust.

I've never used EUD. But game crashing seems to be a problem of desynchronization caused by triggers.
http://www.staredit.net/topic/14226/#6

I'm the creator of StarCraft Adventures.
For Spanish version "Aventuras de StarCraft":
Aventuras de StarCraft (blog)

Sep 15 2021, 9:30 pm NiceNowIHaveAName Post #4

Thanks, man! But I was already aware of it. It's just I suck really bad at EUD triggers, and to be honest I don't have the energy to get into them, since I'm not a mapmaker. Although, I fix maps from time to time, non-EUD maps.

It seems there are a people that like this map as much as I do, and I said to myself to give it a try and ask here. But if it can't be fixed, then I'm fine with it, as well.

None.

Sep 15 2021, 10:10 pm DarkenedFantasies Post #5

Roy's Secret Service

I was going to take a look at it, but the map you provided is protected.

Sep 16 2021, 5:46 am NiceNowIHaveAName Post #6

I was going to take a look at it, but the map you provided is protected.

It seems if you rename the map to something like "asd.scx" and then open it with Chkdraft, it would be completely editable. I have tried to open it with ScmDraft2, but it just doesn't open it, giving me a bunch of errors.

Thanks for having a look at it!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 16 2021, 5:58 am by NiceNowIHaveAName.

None.

Sep 16 2021, 7:08 am Ultraviolet Post #7

EUD maps are generally difficult to edit if they've been made with the modern software EUD Editor 2 or EUD Editor 3 because we don't have access to the source EE2 or EE3 files to update the map. Also the EUD injection process from EE2 & EE3 make the map unopenable in Scmdraft 2 further complicating the issue.

Sep 16 2021, 7:39 am NiceNowIHaveAName Post #8

Quote from Ultraviolet
EUD maps are generally difficult to edit if they've been made with the modern software EUD Editor 2 or EUD Editor 3 because we don't have access to the source EE2 or EE3 files to update the map. Also the EUD injection process from EE2 & EE3 make the map unopenable in Scmdraft 2 further complicating the issue.

A, I see. Thanks!

None.

Options
  Back to forum