Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Running Legacy of the Confederation
Running Legacy of the Confederation
Aug 16 2021, 3:09 am
By: PanjshirLion  

Aug 16 2021, 3:09 am PanjshirLion Post #1

Greetings everyone,

Sorry for the imposition, but this is the only place I can think of who would have an answer to this. I recently got the hankering to play Legacy of the Confederation, a mod I really loved, and eventually found the classic Brood War launcher on these forums that allowed me to play those custom maps. However, the patch executables that run Starcraft with the appropriate modded units - found here: https://www.campaigncreations.org/starcraft/legacy_of_the_confederation/dawn_of_darkness/download - no longer work. With Starcraft Remastered, they don't recognize Starcraft.exe. When the classic Brood War launcher, running them on Windows 10 simply does nothing. I tried running in XP compatibility mode as a Hail Mary, but no luck.

I noticed that the LOTC readme talks about a mod folder in place of a patcher executable that would probably still work. Unfortunately, I can no longer find those folders anywhere online.

Has anyone had luck running LOTC these days? Either by getting the executable to run or finding the mod folders somewhere?

None.

Aug 16 2021, 11:05 pm PanjshirLion Post #2

Nvm, I was able to get it working by rolling back to 1.12b and mounting an ISO (the noCD stopped working at that point for some reason.)

None.

Options
  Back to forum