Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: [EE2] How to Change PColor and Unit Color
[EE2] How to Change PColor and Unit Color
Aug 7 2021, 10:36 pm
By: Ultraviolet  

Aug 7 2021, 10:36 pm Ultraviolet Post #1

Renato requested I make a picture tutorial of how to change player colors and unit colors in EUD Editor 2. I figured it was worth sharing here as well since I don't remember seeing a tutorial that worked for changing these values. Thanks to everyone in the SEN EUD Discussion Discord group for answering all my questions and showing me how to do this :)

Enter Advance View in Trigger Editor:

Player Color and Basic Unit Color Changes:

Color Changes for Units with Subunits (Tank, Gol, etc):

https://cafe.naver.com/edac/73202 is an excellent resource for seeing what all the different player color values look like in jungle tileset. Keep in mind some of these colors may vary by tileset. PColor value can be anything between 0-255, running this function will update all of that player's units to be the new color selected. UnitColor value can be anything between 0-11, running this function will set the selected unitPTR to be the selected player color P1=0, P2=1, etc.. What I do for custom colors that don't belong to any given player is set one of the players 9-11 to the desired color and then set the unit to be whichever player 9-11 I have selected to have the desired color. I believe this can be done infinite times to create whatever array of colored units you desire. This is an extremely handy trick for doing a variety of things, one of the primary things I use it for is to give enemy heroes a different color than standard enemy units, allowing them to be owned by the same player while being visually distinct.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 8 2021, 1:18 am by Ultraviolet.

Options
  Back to forum