Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Know which unity destroyed a building
Know which unity destroyed a building
May 22 2021, 6:18 pm
By: LightSpirit  

May 22 2021, 6:18 pm LightSpirit Post #1

Hello,

I am currently creating a map, and I want that if, for example, the Barracks hasn't been destroyed by a Zergling, then the Barracks reappear.
Do you know how to do this ?

Thanks.

None.

May 22 2021, 7:51 pm Ultraviolet Post #2

That's a tricky one, since as far as I know, there's no elegant way to perform exactly that desired function. If there's just one or a few barracks that you want to do this with you could try something like if the player didn't bring a barracks to the location and had a death of barracks and the enemy did not bring any zerglings to that location then you would recreate the barracks and subtract the death, but if there was a ling in the location it would set a switch or something that would prevent the other trigger from running. This isn't a perfect workaround as the barracks could be under attack by multiple units and as long as the zergling was near the barracks, it wouldn't matter which unit actually killed the barracks, but it would ensure that the barracks at least has to be in attack range of a zergling to die.

May 22 2021, 8:03 pm UndeadStar Post #3

If you think it's possible because of the campaign, it's not the case.
In the campaign, you could have a Dark Templar just standing close enough to a cerebrate, and attack and kill the cerebrate entirely with other units, and it would work, the cerebrate would not reappear.
Lazy detection :P
That doesn't mean it's impossible with EUD and other special tricks, but the campaign may have misled you on your possibilities with the default editor capabilities.

May 22 2021, 8:32 pm LightSpirit Post #4

Yeah, I see.
However, I really want that a Zergling destroy the barracks.
Can you clarify me about what are EUD, and the other special tricks ?

None.

May 23 2021, 12:42 am Ultraviolet Post #5

Sayoka's EUD Documentation Thread is a good place to start. EUDs are a type of trigger (it stands for Extended Unit Deaths) and they are basically the wizard magic of SC mapping. You can accomplish many (but not all) of the features available through modding SC with EUDs all while creating a map that is still playable on standard Battle.net servers without any additional necessary executable files. For particularly fast responses to EUD related questions, I'd check out the EUD Discussion section of SEN's Discord Server.

May 23 2021, 6:53 pm LightSpirit Post #6

Ok, thanks bro' !

None.

Options
  Back to forum