Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Starcraft patch 1.23.7 - what's the catch?
Starcraft patch 1.23.7 - what's the catch?
Dec 18 2020, 9:00 am
By: IlyaSnopchenko  

Dec 18 2020, 9:00 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #1

The Curious

Hello!
Has anyone upgraded to the new patch 1.23.7 that has been released a couple days ago? And if you have, does this break anything?

I can't also seem to understand just what does it do, because there seems to be no release of patch notes either in the app or on the Blizzard forums, which is super weird. If it's a new patch number (although a third tier one) rather than just the maintenance build, it has to have at least some... changes.

I'll refrain from upgrading for now, at least until something is clear about it.

Trial and error... mostly error.

Dec 18 2020, 2:37 pm Neiv Post #2

It seems to be just a small maintenance patch that doesn't change anything important. Not even sure why they bothered to name it 1.23.7.

Their internal comment that is distributed within the patch files says "1.23.7 RC0 public cert for live" so probably some of their server's network certificates was expiring or changing and they had to update for that.

None.

Dec 18 2020, 3:47 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #3

The Curious

Thanks! I suspected that it's just been outed to signify the start of a new season. But I got pissed off for locking me out of HD graphics seemingly until I upgrade (I can't login inside the game now, seeing a super phony error message). :)

Trial and error... mostly error.

Options
  Back to forum