Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: DDS settings for SCR
DDS settings for SCR
Nov 17 2020, 3:38 pm
By: IlyaSnopchenko  

Nov 17 2020, 3:38 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #1

The Curious

Hello people,
Anyone knows the exact settings I need to use for splash screens (title and pre-briefing) in SC Remastered? The artist is (so far) sending them as .PNG to me. I'm converting using GIMP 2.10.20 (will soon upgrade as a new version is out and maybe it solves another, unrelated issue that I'm having).

The export setting windowlet looks like this (see attached image).

Note: I'll experiment, of course, but I'm asking in case the default method fails, or if there are any caveats. I used DXT1 compression (the first option) and it seems to look/behave fine both in HD and SD mode (I don't think HD2 can be invoked at will but there seems to be nothing complicated about it, it's the same as HD but at quarter size).

TIA

Attachments:
dds_export.jpg
Hits: 2 Size: 41.36kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 17 2020, 4:38 pm by IlyaSnopchenko.

Trial and error... mostly error.

Nov 18 2020, 4:31 am RdeRenato Post #2

I am Renato

In my case, it is enough to convert the DDS into an online page (with the exact size of the title HD2 & UHD)

I would like to give you the size myself, but I don't have my laptop at hand xd Look in Cascview for the glue / title path (it was something like that) in HD2 & SD as you would imagine it is almost the same.

Convert the title dds to PNG and you will get the size.

:unsure: i am RdeRenato, a veteran noob

Nov 18 2020, 7:10 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #3

The Curious

I'm kinda aware of the sizes. :) Just wanted to know if there are any caveats with the settings. But since simply setting the compression to DXT1 works, I withdraw the question. :)

Trial and error... mostly error.

Options
  Back to forum