Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: New StarCraft campaign: Champions of Khandia
New StarCraft campaign: Champions of Khandia
Nov 11 2020, 1:33 am
By: Andrea Rosa
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Jul 26 2021, 4:50 pm Andrea Rosa Post #61

Just a glitch in the Matrix

Quote from Luigi
I forgot to say something. Did you have any issue with the Sound Editor from StarEdit? I'm also using StarEdit and ScmDraft 2. But when I'm alternating programs, sometimes my maps break and become unreadable. I think that deleting sound files to replace them for the translated ones makes the map to crash. It is a serious issue, since this is forcing me to save different versions of the same map, while still losing time when restarting from an older version.

Switching between StarEdit and SCMDraft2 is an almost surefire way to get your map corrupted: the sounds will be the first to be affected (some will become scratchy, others will disappear altogether), but ultimately your map will fail to load. It is perfectly ok to create the basic parts of a map with StarEdit and then process it with SCMDraft2 (I work in the same way, because for some tasks the former is still preferable to me), but at that point you should no longer modify it with the original editor. In other words, once you save a map with SCMDraft2, you should stick to it.

Level Design Workshop

''Go to hell'' is basic. ''I hope your favorite StarCraft character gets voiced by Pr0nogo'' is smart. It's possible. It's terrifying.

Jul 26 2021, 5:22 pm Luigi Post #62

In God I trust.

That is valuable information. I had those other problems as well (sound files becoming scratchy or disappearing without notice). Thanks!

I'm the creator of StarCraft Adventures.
For Spanish version "Aventuras de StarCraft":
Aventuras de StarCraft (blog)

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum