Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Unit Portrait
Unit Portrait
Nov 6 2020, 1:12 am
By: JumpStart  

Nov 6 2020, 1:12 am JumpStart Post #1

Hey, guys. I was just messing around with the mpq veiwer in Starcraft and I found this unit portrait on my disc. Does anyone know what it is or why it's there? Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

None.

Nov 6 2020, 1:29 am DarkenedFantasies Post #2

Roy's Secret Service

An unused "independent" unit from an early beta version of the game. It's there because Blizzard don't clean up after themselves. There are a bunch of other cut assets still included in the release MPQs, some of which are rather bemusing as to why they weren't used, like a protoss stargate building response and arbiter death sound.

Nov 6 2020, 1:43 am JumpStart Post #3

That's interesting to see. From what I've seen there were a few unused sound files on Scmdraft2 as well that also weren't included. It's kind of a shame to see cut content from the game that could've been added in to make up for the already used developement time.

None.

Nov 6 2020, 5:22 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #4

The Curious

It's a pity the Merc Biker isn't animated, wonder what kind of animation it might've had.

Trial and error... mostly error.

Nov 7 2020, 8:41 pm JumpStart Post #5

Quote from IlyaSnopchenko
It's a pity the Merc Biker isn't animated, wonder what kind of animation it might've had.
If I had to guess it would probably include one part where he turns his head off to the side just like all the other Terran portaits have.

None.

Options
  Back to forum