Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Sharing vision with extended player
Sharing vision with extended player
Sep 17 2020, 3:44 pm
By: IlyaSnopchenko  

Sep 17 2020, 3:44 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #1

The Curious

Hello!

I've been wondering if sharing vision with a player in the P9...P11 range would work if I write an AI Script that tells the player to share vision with - say - P10? I've read that these players have no vision of their own units but I wanted to be sure this is not going to work before doing what I need another way.

P.S. I know that precious few scripts work when run for a human player. I'd have that accounted for.

Thanks.

Who am I, and why should I care?

Sep 17 2020, 4:01 pm Voyager7456 Post #2

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

I don't think this will work. The data structures for unit vision only have 8 entries (for the 8 "real" players).

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Sep 17 2020, 6:20 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #3

The Curious

Thanks Voyager. I'll do it some other way then.

Who am I, and why should I care?

Nov 21 2020, 6:22 pm Zephroze Post #4

Oh I wish you figured something out, since I am having the same problem and I can't figure out a solution.

https://i.imgur.com/B7SSmjO.png

Even with allied detectors I can't see the units the arbiter cloaks.

(Sorry for basically taking over the thread with my issue, I just thought it was odd that seconds after I posted mine, I found this topic)

None.

Options
  Back to forum