Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Siege tanks Ai not using siege
Siege tanks Ai not using siege
Jul 14 2020, 10:02 am
By: GGmano  

Jul 14 2020, 10:02 am GGmano Post #1

Mr.Pete-Tong

Hi All I have made this mass map called desert strike classic. I have a problem that Any other ds maps have too. The problem is that if a player creates siege tanks after a certain amount of units created or a certain amount of units has died, the com Ai player will not use the siege tech on the tanks. Anyone knows the precise reason causing this to happen?

If the siege tanks is created early the com Ai will use the tech through out the game.

Thats why im testing right now to create the siege tanks from start and remove the specific number depending on how many siege tanks the human players created. I hope this will avoid that the siege tanks not sieging if created late in game. Stay tuned for My test results.

If i can fix this My ds will be the first too have this issue fixed

A Legendary Map Maker, Player. Apparently im more than intresting to observe Irl

Ill try do my best in making all youre watchers happy

The maps I made are tweaked into perfection and maximum strategy added

Jul 15 2020, 9:11 am GGmano Post #2

Mr.Pete-Tong

First testing seemed good. So heres what i do, (when units is gonna spawn) before Any other units spawn, Ill create the Max of siege tank at the creation spot (in my map its 21) if the player should spawn 0 siege tank Ill remove 21 tanks if the player should spawn 4 tanks, Ill remove 17 tanks and so on up to the Max spawn of 21 tanks. After this the trigger for the other units too spawn will fire as normal. Take notice that i move units from the locations tank spawn to avoid unplaceable bug and too avoid moving the tank upon creation not sure if that matters tho. This system could be used in other ds maps aswell team CPU defence maps (has the tank bug too) and maybe other maps could use it. This has been a dreaded issue for me for a long time.

A Legendary Map Maker, Player. Apparently im more than intresting to observe Irl

Ill try do my best in making all youre watchers happy

The maps I made are tweaked into perfection and maximum strategy added

Options
  Back to forum