Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: CRASH when SCV walks with ore chunk (with VIDEO)
CRASH when SCV walks with ore chunk (with VIDEO)
Jun 24 2020, 11:37 am
By: Netbek  

Jun 24 2020, 11:37 am Netbek Post #1

Hello all!

My problem:
SCV with Custom GRP --> harvest ore --> moves --> crash

Here's a demonstration video:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/P3IjrwSMvluT/

I suspect it has sth to do with shadows. As soon as the custom SCV reaches frameset 0x33 in its animation WHILE carrying ore, it crashes. :hurr:
In images.dat, I already made 'SCV Shadow' and 'Mineral Chunk Shadow' use the same GRP as 'SCV' and 'Mineral Chunk Type 1'. Yet it still crashes.

-
I attached the mod in case someone wants to try & find the error. Made for Broodwar 1.16.1.

Attachments:
SchuerferSpriteSeiteStandFIX.exe
Hits: 0 Size: 736.89kb

Jun 24 2020, 12:35 pm Neiv Post #2

If you haven't already, you'll need to add powerup carry offsets for any new frames to the unit\terran\scv.loo file.

None.

Jun 24 2020, 1:45 pm Netbek Post #3

Quote from Neiv
If you haven't already, you'll need to add powerup carry offsets for any new frames to the unit\terran\scv.loo file.

Thank you SO MUCH! It worked!

I am relatively new to SC1 modding; I was not even aware of what .loo files do.
You are my hero of the day, you can't imagine how much frustration you saved me from!

IN CASE SOMEONE WITH A SIMILAR PROBLEM EVER READS THIS, HERE IS DETAILED STEP BY STEP:
1) Working with Python Modding Suite (http://www.staredit.net/topic/17400/)
2) Using PyMPQ from the Modding Suite, extract unit\terran\scv.loo from 'StarDat.mpq'
3) Using PyLO from the Modding Suite, open 'scv.loo'
4) Here you will see packs of 2 lines, 1st line reads "Frame", 2nd line is 2 numbers in brackets
5) Add as many such packs as your SCV Model has images in its GRP-File (unit\terran\scv.GRP)

Options
  Back to forum