Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: GPTP 2019
GPTP 2019
May 31 2020, 1:49 pm
By: UndeadStar  

May 31 2020, 1:49 pm UndeadStar Post #1

Hi all,

I feel like that thing will never move if I don't force myself to publish the point I reached, even if I would have wanted to go a bit further.
Thus time for the release of the replacement for "GPTP for VS2008", just called GPTP now (could have called it GPTP 2019 like the title in relation
to the version of Visual Studio, but people would think it's already dead as soon as the year progress :D )

Here it is: https://github.com/BoomerangAide/GPTP

Now I need to do some stuff on the old version to tell about the new one

Note: this is the replacement/continuation of the now stopped GPTP for VS2008 of http://www.staredit.net/topic/16751/

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 7 2020, 12:37 pm by UndeadStar.

Oct 7 2020, 12:43 pm UndeadStar Post #2

Several updates since I posted this topic, and I didn't report here every time (I'm surprised I didn't do it even once), but I think between the harvest orders, the burrow orders, and older changes, there are plenty of new things to have fun with, or just to learn how initial orders and things work, to see what new things could be possible.

The harvest orders were a real pain, and I probably should one day go back there to try to hook some helpers because they hide some more interesting content, but for now, it's like that.
The burrowed orders may be useful for those making "move while burrowed", as they can now make sure they have all features of normal burrowing, and not destroying some with their changes.
And there's all the rest...maybe I should have updated this topic more often after all.Oh well, there's the changelog in the project.

Oct 7 2020, 4:04 pm Voyager7456 Post #3

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Keep up the great work UndeadStar! I've been taking advantage of a bunch of the new 5.9 hooks recently, looking forward to checking out the new update.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Nov 5 2020, 4:54 am A_of-s_t Post #4

aka idmontie

Thanks for continuing to maintain this. I'm glad to see I was able to clone the repo and build a new plugin using Visual Studio 2019.

Props! Hopefully I can contribute back with a hook for CMDRECV_HasMoneyCanMake. It's a bit messy, and I'm pretty rusty with C++ and ASM, so I'll clean it up first.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Dec 16 2020, 2:39 pm UndeadStar Post #5

Recently I was working on the orders about the Installation doodads (traps, doors, this kind of stuff).
Now my usual test map doesn't have what it takes to test this stuff, so anyone know a map (preferably a campaign one) where I would be able to see very well if I broke something?

Dec 17 2020, 6:40 pm TF- Post #6

🤙🏾

Sounds exciting. Anyway I would definitely make a test map because it's unlikely you'll find every permutation of trap (Right Wall Missile Trap) in a given campaign map, Patriot's Blood probably has the most use of the Installation doodads but there's probably still something missing or hard to find there.

🤙🏾

Dec 28 2020, 10:28 am UndeadStar Post #7

Quote from TF-
Sounds exciting. Anyway I would definitely make a test map because it's unlikely you'll find every permutation of trap (Right Wall Missile Trap) in a given campaign map, Patriot's Blood probably has the most use of the Installation doodads but there's probably still something missing or hard to find there.
Thank you :cool2: .
I indeed had a stupid mistake in my code, causing the door to open instantly, then immediately start closing, making the mission impossible.
Now I think I tested enough to continue working on other things.

Hopefully I will upload another update once I'm at least through hooking the orders I could (at most 14 of them).

edit: It's actually done, most of those 14 were already hooked :D

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 29 2020, 11:56 am by UndeadStar.

Jan 8 2021, 2:57 pm Milestone Post #8

Hey UndeadStar, just wanted to say thanks for maintaining this version of GPTP! v5.940 is working great!

Options
  Back to forum