Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: [EUD] Maximum Mana Limitation
[EUD] Maximum Mana Limitation
May 12 2020, 2:40 am
By: MMMOE  

May 12 2020, 2:40 am MMMOE Post #1

Hey guys, a EUD question I just faced:

so we all know in SC world, usually unit has a maximum mana limitation of 250.

I wonder how could I modify this limitation?

(1) globally modify this, thus most of units will be affected.
(2) change single unit's limitation.

Thanks! Enjoy your day :)

None.

May 13 2020, 1:15 am Ultraviolet Post #2

I don't know of any way to increase the maximum energy (doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't exist, just that if it does I'm not aware of it). One thing you could do to increase energy regeneration rate for specific units is use EUD Editor 2's advanced trigger editor to cycle through a player's units and when that unit is the type you want to have increased regeneration, add a certain amount of energy per cycle. Having increased regeneration could give that unit the feel of having a greater energy pool. You might even be able to push energy above the natural limit of 250 this way, I'm not sure. I know that health can be pushed above its natural limit in this way, but health and energy may not behave in the same way here.

Here's a sample trigger for a Nazi Zombies SC conversion I was making but abandoned:

In this case, HP is stored in a way where 256 units = 1HP, so if the player had not purchased Juggernog, their Jim Raynor's HP would regenerate up to a maximum of 50 at a rate of 0.832HP (213/256) per trigger cycle or ~10HP per second. If Juggernog was purchased Raynor's HP would regenerate at the same rate, but up to a maximum of 125.

May 15 2020, 2:08 am MMMOE Post #3

Yeah, I am using http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/EUDDB/?pg=entry&id=683this address, tried but didn't work.

We can modify the energy, but usually under 250. I changed once above 250, and weird bug is that my unit lost skill icons :sorry: :sorry:

None.

Options
  Back to forum