Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Mouse Replacement
Mouse Replacement
Feb 13 2020, 9:23 am
By: Zycorax  

Feb 13 2020, 9:23 am Zycorax Post #1

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Having used nothing other than Razer Diamondbacks since 2005, it's hard to imagine using anything else for gaming. However, the scroll wheel of my last properly working one is starting to act up and it's probably time to look for something new.
Have anyone got any recommendations for a replacement? My requirements are:
  • Durable
  • Wired
  • Two buttons on the side (m4+m5)
  • Relatively low height
  • No random bits on the sides you're supposed to rest your fingers on or whatever

Feb 13 2020, 11:44 am Excalibur Post #2

The sword and the faith

I recently picked up a Glorious PC Gaming Race Model O.

The mouse itself is low, light, and has the best tracking I've ever used full stop. I've had flagship mice from just about any top brand you can think of (SteelSeries, Razer, Logitech, ect) and nothing even comes close. The last mouse I had that felt this good was the Ideazon Reapers Edge which became discontinued after SteelSeries bought the company. Once my original Reaper started to have clicking issues I was once again without a proper mouse and nothing I tried in the YEARS of interim was even a suitable equal to it, with the Model O being a decisive upgrade overall.

I cannot recommend this mouse enough.

If you have any concerns about the honeycomb cutouts, don't. You get used to them fairly quickly.

I see its up to 72$ whereas I paid about 60$ for mine. I still think its a good value at that price.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Feb 13 2020, 1:33 pm Oh_Man Post #3

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Razer Deathadder

Feb 13 2020, 2:13 pm Dem0n Post #4

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I have the Logitech G MX518 Legendary. It's a remake of "the best gaming mouse ever made" (so they say). I like it a lot. It's like the G400 which I used for almost 8 years prior to getting this one. Very comfortable, lightweight, and precise, and it doesn't have a million useless buttons on it.

Feb 14 2020, 10:42 am Zycorax Post #5

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Just ordered a Glorious mouse. It's the closest to the Diamondback when it comes to shape. Never really liked Logitech's mice and the Deathadder is a bit too bulky for my liking.
Got it for 549 NOK ($60) plus shipping, so not too bad :)
Thanks for your input everyone!

Options
  Back to forum