Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Basic campaign map
Basic campaign map
Jan 22 2008, 9:01 am
By: hayatli7  

Jan 22 2008, 9:01 am hayatli7 Post #1

This is a map that I made before and I improved on it a little. It is not actually part of any campaign, but it does act like one :D

Anyway I just want to know what you think....

Attachments:
Cold_Dinner V2.scx
Hits: 7 Size: 221.52kb

None.

Jan 22 2008, 9:50 am candle12345 Post #2

It looks interesting, I think maybe some backstory might be in order?

If you wanted, you could change the starting race. Playing it as a terran or protoss mission... Since there's no story attached.

None.

Jan 22 2008, 3:54 pm Moogle Post #3

Predator of Bed Chambers

Was no real story behind the campaign, just normal old melee map.

Map was a little too big imo, was too simple with no objectives or side objectives. Just destory all enemies with no defeat or victory triggers.

I guess ok for a try a map, was somewhat fun playing it.

If all else fails, crowbar the fucker

Jan 22 2008, 9:46 pm hayatli7 Post #4

Quote from Moogle
Was no real story behind the campaign, just normal old melee map.

Map was a little too big imo, was too simple with no objectives or side objectives. Just destory all enemies with no defeat or victory triggers.

I guess ok for a try a map, was somewhat fun playing it.

Hmmm... I am sure I put in victory and defeat triggers... :|

Anyway, if anyone thinks that these kinds of maps will be good with a back story then you can ask to use it if you want to. The reason I did not write a story for it was it would have most likely sucked coming from me :blush:

Anyway, I am working on another map that is the same style, but I might change one of the races and see what kind of side missions I can add. If any one has any ideas, then feel free to post.

None.

Jan 22 2008, 11:12 pm candle12345 Post #5

Well the general storyline for most RTS campaigns involves someone having a superweapon, and then everyone else attempts to destroy/capture it for their own use. [In Starcraft it was the Zerg!] Try starting on that point and work it out from there.

None.

Jan 23 2008, 12:33 am hayatli7 Post #6

Thanks alot for the tips, greatly appreciated :D

I am starting to come up with a story for my second map, and I decided that in my third I might include all three races.

None.

Jan 23 2008, 11:18 am candle12345 Post #7

Nice, good ol' TvPvZ.

Oh, something I learned from my campaign. Don't have more than 2 or 3 heroes. [The occasional extra hero is okay, but keep a "base" of 1 or 2 heroes that you use in most maps in said campaign, although you're making a single map, maybe a sort of series is in order. Not so much a campaign, but a bunch of "episodes" which have no particular order. But all follow the same plot with the same characters etc.]

None.

Options
  Back to forum