Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: New StarCraft campaign: Voices of the Swarm
New StarCraft campaign: Voices of the Swarm
Oct 3 2019, 8:29 pm
By: Andrea Rosa  

Oct 30 2019, 6:58 pm GGmano Post #21

Double post sorry

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 30 2019, 7:33 pm by GGmano.

Trust is everything

Oct 30 2019, 6:58 pm GGmano Post #22

Double post sorry

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 30 2019, 7:34 pm by GGmano.

Trust is everything

Oct 30 2019, 6:59 pm GGmano Post #23

Ill try it again tho im not using Mouse im just using My laptop pad. But I didnt see Any geysors for harvest gas to create hydraulisk i dont need gas at All? It didnt seem that easy start tho if i need coordinate My attack(Like doin swarm while moving zerglings and such ensnare) i wont be able to do it. having two bases seemed Like an good Challenge for better players tho.

Trust is everything

Oct 30 2019, 7:07 pm Andrea Rosa Post #24

Quote from GGmano
I didnt see Any geysors for harvest gas

It is in the northern base, out of sight: you need to destroy the Refinery first. Another geyser is available in the lower left corner of the map, but it is not really needed and taking it is optional.

I just accept what my endocrine system does to me.

Oct 30 2019, 7:36 pm GGmano Post #25

Quote from Andrea Rosa

It is in the northern base, out of sight: you need to destroy the Refinery first. Another geyser is available in the lower left corner of the map, but it is not really needed and taking it is optional.

Ill try it

Trust is everything

Nov 7 2019, 11:10 pm stalwart ghostess Post #26

Very, very good campaign. Gorgeous maps, varied objectives, solid gameplay and an interesting story that perfectly blends with the established canon. I love how the story is faithful to the source material, for example in the 2nd level, with Epsilon Squadron effectively using science vessels. I also like how the computer uses dark templars in the 4th level, it's not something we have seen often in the original game outside of BW, simple yet clever. All in all it really feels like Blizzard made this campaign. Andrea's view of SC is clearly very nostalgic, and for every killjoy complaining about the editor used without giving any feedback, there's a long life fan like me who will enjoy being brought back to the days when SC was still young.

All maps were designed with loving care and a lot of attention to detail. Every doodad is carefully placed and the landscape looks very natural. It's amazing that these maps were made with the stock editor, given how randomly it works when it comes to terrain creation -- take a look at the small room at the top right-hand corner of the installation map: I can only imagine how much patience it required to get the right tiles on each of the four pillars.

The difficulty was perfectly balanced, at least for my taste, without being too easy nor frustratingly hard. The only downside is that there are only 6 levels to play, but quality over quantity. Now I can't wait to try Tales Of Halcion. Thank you Andrea for the enjoyable exprience and keep up the good work! :)

None.

Nov 8 2019, 1:05 pm GGmano Post #27

Finished lvl 1 Gotta try rest of the levels its good work Even without scmdraft good job

Trust is everything

Nov 9 2019, 9:12 am DaMnUFo0 Post #28

Very, very good campaign. Gorgeous maps, varied objectives, solid gameplay and an interesting story that perfectly blends with the established canon. I love how the story is faithful to the source material, for example in the 2nd level, with Epsilon Squadron effectively using science vessels. I also like how the computer uses dark templars in the 4th level, it's not something we have seen often in the original game outside of BW, simple yet clever. All in all it really feels like Blizzard made this campaign. Andrea's view of SC is clearly very nostalgic, and for every killjoy complaining about the editor used without giving any feedback, there's a long life fan like me who will enjoy being brought back to the days when SC was still young.

All maps were designed with loving care and a lot of attention to detail. Every doodad is carefully placed and the landscape looks very natural. It's amazing that these maps were made with the stock editor, given how randomly it works when it comes to terrain creation -- take a look at the small room at the top right-hand corner of the installation map: I can only imagine how much patience it required to get the right tiles on each of the four pillars.

The difficulty was perfectly balanced, at least for my taste, without being too easy nor frustratingly hard. The only downside is that there are only 6 levels to play, but quality over quantity. Now I can't wait to try Tales Of Halcion. Thank you Andrea for the enjoyable exprience and keep up the good work! :)

I guess I wasn't the only one who truly appreciates a custom campaign created with just the normal default map editor. The campaign gives off that authentic experience (maybe it's nostalgia) and it's something truly remarkable.

Options
  Back to forum