Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: New StarCraft campaign: Voices of the Swarm
New StarCraft campaign: Voices of the Swarm
Oct 3 2019, 8:29 pm
By: Andrea Rosa  

Oct 30 2019, 6:58 pm GGmano Post #21

Mr.Pete-Tong

Double post sorry

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 30 2019, 7:33 pm by GGmano.

A Legendary Map Maker, Player. Apparently im more than intresting to observe Irl

Ill try do my best in making all youre watchers happy

The maps I made are tweaked into perfection and maximum strategy added

Oct 30 2019, 6:58 pm GGmano Post #22

Mr.Pete-Tong

Double post sorry

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 30 2019, 7:34 pm by GGmano.

A Legendary Map Maker, Player. Apparently im more than intresting to observe Irl

Oct 30 2019, 6:59 pm GGmano Post #23

Mr.Pete-Tong

Ill try it again tho im not using Mouse im just using My laptop pad. But I didnt see Any geysors for harvest gas to create hydraulisk i dont need gas at All? It didnt seem that easy start tho if i need coordinate My attack(Like doin swarm while moving zerglings and such ensnare) i wont be able to do it. having two bases seemed Like an good Challenge for better players tho.

Oct 30 2019, 7:07 pm Andrea Rosa Post #24

Just a glitch in the Matrix

Quote from GGmano
I didnt see Any geysors for harvest gas

It is in the northern base, out of sight: you need to destroy the Refinery first. Another geyser is available in the lower left corner of the map, but it is not really needed and taking it is optional.

Level Design Workshop

''Go to hell'' is basic. ''I hope your favorite StarCraft character gets voiced by Pr0nogo'' is smart. It's possible. It's terrifying.

Oct 30 2019, 7:36 pm GGmano Post #25

Mr.Pete-Tong

Quote from Andrea Rosa

It is in the northern base, out of sight: you need to destroy the Refinery first. Another geyser is available in the lower left corner of the map, but it is not really needed and taking it is optional.

Ill try it

Nov 7 2019, 11:10 pm stalwart ghostess Post #26

Very, very good campaign. Gorgeous maps, varied objectives, solid gameplay and an interesting story that perfectly blends with the established canon. I love how the story is faithful to the source material, for example in the 2nd level, with Epsilon Squadron effectively using science vessels. I also like how the computer uses dark templars in the 4th level, it's not something we have seen often in the original game outside of BW, simple yet clever. All in all it really feels like Blizzard made this campaign. Andrea's view of SC is clearly very nostalgic, and for every killjoy complaining about the editor used without giving any feedback, there's a long life fan like me who will enjoy being brought back to the days when SC was still young.

All maps were designed with loving care and a lot of attention to detail. Every doodad is carefully placed and the landscape looks very natural. It's amazing that these maps were made with the stock editor, given how randomly it works when it comes to terrain creation -- take a look at the small room at the top right-hand corner of the installation map: I can only imagine how much patience it required to get the right tiles on each of the four pillars.

The difficulty was perfectly balanced, at least for my taste, without being too easy nor frustratingly hard. The only downside is that there are only 6 levels to play, but quality over quantity. Now I can't wait to try Tales Of Halcion. Thank you Andrea for the enjoyable exprience and keep up the good work! :)

~~~ Si vis pacem, para bellum ~~~

Nov 8 2019, 1:05 pm GGmano Post #27

Mr.Pete-Tong

Finished lvl 1 Gotta try rest of the levels its good work Even without scmdraft good job

Nov 9 2019, 9:12 am DaMnUFo0 Post #28

Very, very good campaign. Gorgeous maps, varied objectives, solid gameplay and an interesting story that perfectly blends with the established canon. I love how the story is faithful to the source material, for example in the 2nd level, with Epsilon Squadron effectively using science vessels. I also like how the computer uses dark templars in the 4th level, it's not something we have seen often in the original game outside of BW, simple yet clever. All in all it really feels like Blizzard made this campaign. Andrea's view of SC is clearly very nostalgic, and for every killjoy complaining about the editor used without giving any feedback, there's a long life fan like me who will enjoy being brought back to the days when SC was still young.

All maps were designed with loving care and a lot of attention to detail. Every doodad is carefully placed and the landscape looks very natural. It's amazing that these maps were made with the stock editor, given how randomly it works when it comes to terrain creation -- take a look at the small room at the top right-hand corner of the installation map: I can only imagine how much patience it required to get the right tiles on each of the four pillars.

The difficulty was perfectly balanced, at least for my taste, without being too easy nor frustratingly hard. The only downside is that there are only 6 levels to play, but quality over quantity. Now I can't wait to try Tales Of Halcion. Thank you Andrea for the enjoyable exprience and keep up the good work! :)

I guess I wasn't the only one who truly appreciates a custom campaign created with just the normal default map editor. The campaign gives off that authentic experience (maybe it's nostalgia) and it's something truly remarkable.

May 11 2020, 8:44 pm Andrea Rosa Post #29

ALL MISSIONS

- The campaign has been rebranded as "Veteran Level"
- Auto-centering function for "End of Briefing" (mainly for those who have StarCraft Remastered).

MISSION 3 "DARK STALKERS"

- Fixed a bug that could prevent the position of the Healing Station from being shown on the map.
- Minimal changes to the map.
- The last transmission of Dr. Martens has been slightly changed.

MISSION 4 "PRODIGAL SON"

- Fixed a bug that, on some rare occasions, could break the cutscene in which Tassadar and Zeratul board the Shuttle.
- Protoss Reavers can no longer upgrade to 125 damage (this was not done by disabling the upgrade, but by modifying the Bonus value of the Scarabs)
- Sunken Colonies have +1 armor.
- New triggered attacks.
- The available resources have been slightly increased.

MISSION 5 "DIVIDE BY ZERO"

MISSION 6 "THE SKIES DARKEN"

- Auto-centering function for the in-game error messages related to the creation of Warlords.
- The "Thank You" text is now yellow colored

Level Design Workshop

''Go to hell'' is basic. ''I hope your favorite StarCraft character gets voiced by Pr0nogo'' is smart. It's possible. It's terrifying.

Jul 18 2021, 12:55 pm Bruce Post #30

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your great campaign. I noticed that mission 6 from your official mediafire link is not the same as the one in the campaign list v3 spreadsheet at this link: https://mega.nz/folder/sA9DmKYI#wvaY9rH8LYSyye9z5wA6eA
May you please tell us which file is the latest version?

None.

Jul 18 2021, 1:52 pm Andrea Rosa Post #31

Quote from Bruce
Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your great campaign. I noticed that mission 6 from your official mediafire link is not the same as the one in the campaign list v3 spreadsheet at this link: https://mega.nz/folder/sA9DmKYI#wvaY9rH8LYSyye9z5wA6eA
May you please tell us which file is the latest version?

Many thanks for your compliments, Bruce!

I have checked the two archives and you are right, the version hosted on MediaFire is dated 11 May 2020, while the one hosted on MEGA is dated 12 May 2020. The CRC are the same for all files except for Mission 6, and the difference in file size is just 2 bytes. No idea how this happened: theoretically, the most recent version should always be found on my MediaFire account, and not just on MEGA. I don't remember having made any significant changes, and the Readme file itself still states 11 May 2020 as last update, but the difference of the date may be due to the fact that the version hosted on MEGA has the files organized into a folder, while the one found on MediaFire doesn't. This does not explain the different CRC though. I will inspect the map and the triggers, if I'll find any problems then I will ask Zincoshine to rectify the file on MEGA, otherwise I will simply update my own version. Nice finding, mate!

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jul 18 2021, 3:17 pm by Andrea Rosa.

Level Design Workshop

Jul 18 2021, 3:41 pm Luigi Post #32

In God I trust.

Hey, just in case... A while ago I made a review of this campaign and I mentioned an invincibility bug with Draculisks ("Divide by Zero" mission). When I first reported this bug I didn't have clear the reason for this so I couldn't explain to you what exactly happened, so I don't know if you fixed it. This bug is caused by not including player 6 in the trigger action to disable invincibility. You have it set for neutral players 1 and 3, but when rescued fast enough (owner becomes player 6 before trigger fires) then the Draculisks will remain invincible for the rest of the game.
I'm playing "Champions of Khandia" now, when I complete it I'll make a review of it. So far so good =)

I'm the creator of StarCraft Adventures.
For Spanish version "Aventuras de StarCraft":
Aventuras de StarCraft (blog)

Jul 18 2021, 4:13 pm Andrea Rosa Post #33

Quote from Luigi
Hey, just in case... A while ago I made a review of this campaign and I mentioned an invincibility bug with Draculisks ("Divide by Zero" mission). When I first reported this bug I didn't have clear the reason for this so I couldn't explain to you what exactly happened, so I don't know if you fixed it. This bug is caused by not including player 6 in the trigger action to disable invincibility. You have it set for neutral players 1 and 3, but when rescued fast enough (owner becomes player 6 before trigger fires) then the Draculisks will remain invincible for the rest of the game.
I'm playing "Champions of Khandia" now, when I complete it I'll make a review of it. So far so good =)

Yeah, I remember your review, as well as your bug report. I was never able to replicate it, not even by repeatedly pressing Esc, however it should be easy to fix, I'll use 'All Players' instead of 'Player 1' and 'Player 3' in the trigger that disables invincibility. Well, at this point I guess that I'll have to update the campaign anyway. Thanks for reminding me of that glitch, Luigi!

Level Design Workshop

Jul 29 2021, 10:24 pm Andrea Rosa Post #34

UPDATE - 29 Jul 2021

Mission 1:
- The loss condition has been changed: the player will automatically lose if either the northern or southern Zerg base is destroyed.
- Minor changes to the map.

Mission 3:
- Gargaroth is now invincible until the player rescues him.

Mission 5:
- Fixed a glitch that could cause the Draculisks to remain invincible for the whole mission. Thanks to Luigi for discovering this bug.

Mission 6:
- Minor changes to the map.

Level Design Workshop

Options
  Back to forum