Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Desert Strike Night - Fixed 3.0
Desert Strike Night - Fixed 3.0
Sep 20 2019, 7:33 pm
By: MidNighTime  

Nov 16 2020, 12:12 pm GGmano Post #21

Mr.Pete-Tong

Theres a problem with tanks ai in this.. they are not sieging well if made late game. If you want some help on fixing this you can ask me i know a way to fix it

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 17 2020, 5:57 pm by GGmano.

Trust is everything

Nov 20 2020, 7:34 pm MidNighTime Post #22

*Moved Release Notes Further Down*

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 29 2020, 2:01 am by MidNighTime.

I'm known as MidNighTime. I enjoy making maps for Starcraft sometimes. Much of my inspiration came from Vanished.

Nov 20 2020, 8:11 pm GGmano Post #23

Mr.Pete-Tong

looks like your goin same route as i whent for past a year ago.. that refund on demolish buildings is good for strategy xd i got that idea from a guy called bertro maybe this guy told you to try go this way.. and well for the investment idk how you make it if its like in dsa (desert strike angel) or more like in my ds both ways have pros and cons. The investment i added a year ago to my ds map adds good strategy.. and an end timer on income lots of ds classic players like too.. looks like your goin in the right direction here xd.. from playing your ds map what you need work on is a map max trigger increasing the time in between spawns to prevent mass to max out so easy bugging the map.. also you could redo the spawn systems on the map so that units all spawn instant instead of spawning in chunks as they do now, and make units spawning in two lanes instead of 1 gives mass fight a great look. The most important thing about a ds is that units ai dosent bug like tank and lurkers and balance in general of all units in a way that you can show any unit building would be good against some spawn setups from the other team. ive heard some negatives about your goliaths stats in the map.

If you want i can show you a replay of the tank not beeing smart at all cause they dont siege...

heres a link to the smart tanks in 263 smart tanks

later ill put up a replay of smart tanks ds nightmare

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Nov 26 2020, 9:23 pm by GGmano.

Trust is everything

Nov 28 2020, 12:36 am MidNighTime Post #24

Hello Everybody,

There has been a massive bug that corrupted the entire 1.6 release. This was due to big addition that was being added that requires none GUI script inputting.

It's rare for this to happen using notepad++ or external scripting sources then ScmDraft but, it does. Everything was working in v1.6 fine then " :massimo: ".

I'm not very happy about it :curse: . This leave me with 3 options:

A - I locate and try to resolve it but, not all corruption can be and release v1.7

B - I rebuild v1.6 again from v1.5 base and release under v1.7. (less desired)

C - Let v1.6 fall into obscurity an let v1.5 thrive until v1.7. (far less desired)

There are few v1.6 release copy's in circulation that are playable however one group of releases are not optimum. I didn't advertise them as much so that's good news.

Good news! I was able to recover backup just before the corruption. This saved me hours. Everything is back on track now besides the few circulating. :oops:

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Nov 28 2020, 3:43 am by MidNighTime.

I'm known as MidNighTime. I enjoy making maps for Starcraft sometimes. Much of my inspiration came from Vanished.

Nov 29 2020, 2:02 am MidNighTime Post #25

Map Updated: 1.7 (Check Main Post)

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 2 2020, 10:45 pm by MidNighTime.

Dec 7 2020, 9:21 pm MidNighTime Post #26

Hi Everybody,

I've gained permission from Lanthanide to use the title "DesertStrikeNightFixed" and to maintain official updates.

There will be an update to reflect these changes and more soon coming in the near future.

Dec 8 2020, 11:32 pm GGmano Post #27

Mr.Pete-Tong

can i have an unlocked version of this to make it good?

Trust is everything

Dec 9 2020, 5:10 am Lanthanide Post #28

Quote from MidNighTime
Hi Everybody,

I've gained permission from Lanthanide to use the title "DesertStrikeNightFixed" and to maintain official updates.

There will be an update to reflect these changes and more soon coming in the near future.

Replying to confirm the above - I approve of this taking on the Desert Strike Night - Fixed naming, and am happy with it being numbered 3.0.

I don't anticipate returning to SC mapping in the future, so I'm happy to pass on the batten for this popular map to someone who will put in the effort to maintain and improve it further.

None.

Dec 12 2020, 4:04 am MidNighTime Post #29

Map Updated: 3.0

Here what to expect below:

- Added "Cash Interest System" which pays interest rates on the balance reserved in bank.
~ Interest rates payout start at $2.5k, $15k and 45k ~
~ Interest rates will pay out even during cash delay ~
~ You will earn $8 per second on each rate stacked ~

- The bank will now show your full balance available.
~ In other words if you deposit $500 you will see $500 in the bank. ~

- The leaderboard "Income" has now been changed to "Cash"
- The leaderboard "Savings" has now been changed to "Bank"
- The "Game Information" in game has been updated.
- The map has been renamed to "DesertStrikeNightFixed"

- Fixed notorious bug where reavers would freeze because warp prism.
~ This was due to the constant load tracking of the shuttle ~

- Protoss warp prism behavior will no longer reach enemy temple.
~ The shuttle will self destruct and re-sync spawn times ~

- Random minor tweaks and improvements overall.

** These changes are subject to changes at anytime before or after release **

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Dec 17 2020, 9:33 am by MidNighTime.

Dec 15 2020, 1:43 am QcCOrado Post #30

Quote from GGmano
can i have an unlocked version of this to make it good?

:bye1: :bye1:

Oh Cmon Pete.. why..
:massimo:

What would you do

None.

Dec 15 2020, 1:49 am QcCOrado Post #31

Quote from GGmano
looks like your goin same route as i whent for past a year ago.. that refund on demolish buildings is good for strategy xd i got that idea from a guy called bertro maybe this guy told you to try go this way.. and well for the investment idk how you make it if its like in dsa (desert strike angel) or more like in my ds both ways have pros and cons. The investment i added a year ago to my ds map adds good strategy.. and an end timer on income lots of ds classic players like too.. looks like your goin in the right direction here xd.. from playing your ds map what you need work on is a map max trigger increasing the time in between spawns to prevent mass to max out so easy bugging the map.. also you could redo the spawn systems on the map so that units all spawn instant instead of spawning in chunks as they do now, and make units spawning in two lanes instead of 1 gives mass fight a great look. The most important thing about a ds is that units ai dosent bug like tank and lurkers and balance in general of all units in a way that you can show any unit building would be good against some spawn setups from the other team. ive heard some negatives about your goliaths stats in the map.

If you want i can show you a replay of the tank not beeing smart at all cause they dont siege...

heres a link to the smart tanks in 263 smart tanks

later ill put up a replay of smart tanks ds nightmare

I agree with most.
I disagree with the spawn. i prefer having a centralise map it is better to count and estimate what is going to happen. while it is not when units are spread out.

and at a point where we pass 400 500 untis it becomes just too much. thats a thing i dislike about all DS.

None.

Dec 15 2020, 10:18 am GGmano Post #32

Mr.Pete-Tong

Quote from QcCOrado
I disagree with the spawn. i prefer having a centralise map it is better to count and estimate what is going to happen. while it is not when units are spread out.

and at a point where we pass 400 500 untis it becomes just too much. thats a thing i dislike about all DS.

If you play dsn fixed263 youll notice that units pile up even they are spawned from one line. having units spawning from two lines actually makes the units meet fighting to die more quickly or push faster. instead of piling up slowly maxing the map like crazy. anyway if you have an good anti map max trigger and spawn units instant to be start move from temple i find that way better maybe thats just me. in part of low units spawned there would still be a micro balance for units in low numbers to be fighting, in part of macro is more easy to balance out the units if they have the strength of spreading out instead that you need set the spread out units like hydra and gols to be soo strong that they can spread out slowly (cause if too weak healthpower they would be really bad like goons is in dsn263).. this causes the problems of map max in dsn fixed 263 cause units arent killed fast enough so they stack up more and more. But yeah its a matter of choice whether what you like

In case that you like spawning slow in one line sand casle wars is the best map you can play

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 15 2020, 10:47 am by GGmano.

Trust is everything

Options
  Back to forum