Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: 'Create Unit with Properties' creating duplicates
'Create Unit with Properties' creating duplicates
Sep 15 2019, 1:05 am
By: JohnnyTheWolf  

Sep 15 2019, 1:05 am JohnnyTheWolf Post #1

Hi,

I have a small personal project going on that involves editing vanilla missions so that the playable faction is of a different species.

I am currently editing Zerg mission 4 "Agent of the Swarm" to make it so the playable faction is Protoss rather than Zerg. As such, the Chrysalis and Infested Kerrigan are replaced by a Stasis Cell and Fenix (Dragoon), respectively, Jim Raynor (Vulture) becomes Edmund Duke (Siege Tank) and both the latter and the Command Center to be destroyed now belongs to Player 8 in order to free Player 3 up for Fenix. I thought it would be simple enough to just replace the actors in the triggers, but for some reason, having done so now causes them to spawn duplicates: two Edmund Duke siege tanks will appear before the Command Center instead of one and two Dragoon Fenixes will emerge from the Stasis Chamber.

Maybe it is not a bug so much as just an oversight on my part, but I keep checking the triggers and I do not see what could be causing the duplication. I attached the .trg file to this post in case it may help figuring out the problem.

I use ScmDraft 2.0's latest version and I play on StarCraft: Brood War 1.16.1.

Attachments:
P4ThePhoenix.trg
Hits: 3 Size: 52.51kb

None.

Sep 15 2019, 1:26 am DarkenedFantasies Post #2

Roy's Secret Service

Your triggers are owned by Force 1. If there are more than 1 player in the force, the trigger will run once for every player, which will create the unit multiple times.

Sep 15 2019, 1:31 am Roy Post #3

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Your triggers are owned by Force 1. If there are more than 1 player in the force, the trigger will run once for every player, which will create the unit multiple times.
To add to this, you have two straightforward options for fixing it:

1) Change the trigger to be owned by one player (looks like the trigger is designed to run for the human player)
2) Add a condition/action combination that immediately invalidates the conditions for the trigger. (For example, doing "Switch X is cleared" as the condition and "Set Switch X" as the first action in the trigger).

Sep 15 2019, 3:14 pm JohnnyTheWolf Post #4

Ah, man... I guess I really needed that other pair of eyes.

Anyway, thanks guys!

None.

Options
  Back to forum