Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: How do I create a Mass to location trigger?
How do I create a Mass to location trigger?
Jul 16 2019, 6:00 pm
By: Ultimatejim  

Jul 16 2019, 6:00 pm Ultimatejim Post #1

Long story short, Nightslayer and I are creating/editing a Heroes of Might and Magic map that is very busy. Lots going on.
There are a stupid amount of units on it at any given time and controlling them all is utter chaos. We need a massing option to make life easier.
I have all of the conditions and locations established, but I do not know the action for creating an attack move for all units owned by [player] to [location].

Any/all guidance will be very helpful!

Attachments:
Masser trigger start.jpg
Hits: 1 Size: 66.65kb

None.

Jul 16 2019, 6:06 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #2

I see you !

Issue order to all units owned by player at 'location': order to 'destination'. with source anywhere and dest the target

Jul 16 2019, 6:08 pm Ultimatejim Post #3

I was looking for that action up and down the list and kept missing it because I couldn't remember what it was called!
Thanks!

None.

Jul 17 2019, 9:27 am Blackbirdx661 Post #4

Very cool, I'm working on a simple edit of the Terran Melee AI trying to make a more focused TvP Version; I can see where that would be truly handy. Still working out how to access triggers in the script, (May have to use LIT) and blocking things out in my head but it seems to me the AI relies too Heavily on small scale Harass attacks, so one thing I want to include is a build Sequence; something like.

Bld 18 Marines
Bld 18 Firebats
Bld 6 Siege Tanks.
Bld 6 Wraiths At AA01 (Assembly Area) In TP2s home base.
Maybe order the Lot to AA02 (Just outside the Protoss base)

Attack_prep AA02
Attack_Do Protoss Base being the nearest target
Wait say 2 Minutes (Should be time enough for things to be decided)
Attack_Clear (just to tidy things up.)

The idea being I want the full build completed and on the final AA, before the Attack orders are issued so the Attack_Prep is basically a formality. And the Terran attack comes down like a War Hammer.(No pun intended.)

Anyhow a lot of work and testing between here and there, but Anyhow This ordering is going to be very handy for that purpose.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 17 2019, 9:35 am by Blackbirdx661.

It is better to live one day as a Lion,
than 100 Years as a Lamb.

Aug 29 2019, 1:32 am Fatalsoldier Post #5

figured it out nvm

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Aug 29 2019, 1:48 am by Fatalsoldier.

None.

Options
  Back to forum