Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: How to get distribution of maps being played?
How to get distribution of maps being played?
Jul 4 2019, 6:23 pm
By: sethmachine  

Jul 4 2019, 6:23 pm sethmachine Post #1

Hi,

Is anyone keep tracking of which maps are being played on Battle.net? Blizzard must have this information logged, and since our SC client loads the list of games, presumably there's an automatic method to capture this information.

I guess I want to find proof that SC custom map's diversity is near 0, i.e. people only host/play the same 4 maps, which to mean is a strong sign to move away from the community.

None.

Jul 4 2019, 9:16 pm Excalibur Post #2

The sword and the faith

I don't know that there is currently a way to survey the UMS landscape in the way you're looking for.

I would suggest hosting the maps you want to play and dealing with the lobby wait times as that seems to be the only way to improve the situation.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 6 2019, 8:09 am Cerorec Post #3

Through 3rd party programs or hacking you could... but the question is does anyone have programs that can log this? I guess not yet...

In the old original Starcraft BW back then I think there were programs that did just that... logging which maps were being played, and the players in it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 6 2019, 8:43 am by Cerorec.

None.

Options
  Back to forum