Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: StarCraft Developer Update: PTR, Matchmaking, and eSports
StarCraft Developer Update: PTR, Matchmaking, and eSports
Apr 4 2019, 11:49 pm
By: Roy  

Apr 4 2019, 11:49 pm Roy Post #1

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Click to view video

English subtitles for the video taken as-is for those who prefer to read or otherwise can't watch the video (highlighted sections related to mapmaking/UMS):
Hey everyone, it's Grant from the StarCraft Remastered Team with a quick update.

We are excited to announce that a Public Test Realm is on the way. PTR will allow us to work with you to test out new features and server updates before they go live. For example, StarCraft currently ignores keyboard input if the mouse is held down we've talked a lot about this on the forum with you. We know that feedback from the community is asking us to change this, so one of the first updates we're going to try on PTR is our proposed answer to this problem. And we're excited for you, our community, to help us test this out.

We'll also be testing changes to our matchmaking algorithm. We are hoping this will allow players with a good connection to Korea, to be able to match more often with Korean players.

Last year we created a thread on the forum listing many of the issues we intend to prioritize and address in 2019. Your feedback on this thread has been invaluable and has helped us to prioritize our goals for the year. We've already released several items from this list, and many more are currently in the works.

I'm also happy to announce that "64-BIT" is ahead of schedule, and we're moving ever closer to being able to release an “OPT-IN” version. Later this year, 64-bit will be the only option for Mac users as I talked about at BlizzCon and at some point, in the future, that will be true for Windows as well.

We will soon be transitioning our community forums to the same forums that other Blizzard games are already using. We're excited about this change, because it offers more features and better tools to help us track and understand your feedback.

Lastly, we are all looking to an amazing year of back to back pro StarCraft competition, and we are already off to such a great start with LAST becoming the first ever KSL and ASL champion.

To wrap this up, let me say we have some very exciting things in the pipeline for the year. Some of you already know about like group matchmaking and some we're not quite ready to announce yet. But stay tuned! That's all for now. We love hearing from you, so please keep talking with us on the forums. From the whole team, thanks for watching. We're all very excited for a great year ahead for StarCraft Remastered!

Helpful links and references:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 4 2019, 11:55 pm by Roy.

Apr 5 2019, 2:16 am Oh_Man Post #2

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Hmmm... nothing about UMS -.-

Options
  Back to forum