Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Huncraft: Genocide [DONE]
Huncraft: Genocide [DONE]
Feb 17 2019, 12:14 am
By: Kolokol  

Mar 19 2019, 12:26 am Kolokol Post #21

Wew, that actually went faster than expected. Everything is set...

Except for one thing:

I've looked through all of the TBL and BIN files in both the Huncraft MPQ and the Huncraft.exe files, but I couldn't find the file responsible for that particular bit of text. If anyone knows how to change that bit of text and could tell me, I would appreciate it.

Edit/Update: I finally found that accursed file that is responsible for that bit of text, plus a few others that I have been looking for. Editing can now continue.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Mar 20 2019, 4:57 am by Kolokol.

None.

Mar 21 2019, 2:05 pm Zenmaster Post #22

Dude thank you so much for doing all of this! I was also in the process of editing files, but the changes wouldn't apply to the HunCraft game for some reason, despite me translating the text from the .BIN and .TBL files.

Could you share your newly edited version of the game once you are finished? There is no hurry, but i would really want to check out what is wrong with my editing.

I would also want to ask if the replacement of the sound files for units (except those added in the expansion) also worked out.

You did it way faster than i ever expected or hoped to do it myself :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 21 2019, 2:11 pm by Zenmaster.

None.

Mar 22 2019, 1:57 am Kolokol Post #23

Quote from Zenmaster
Dude thank you so much for doing all of this! I was also in the process of editing files, but the changes wouldn't apply to the HunCraft game for some reason, despite me translating the text from the .BIN and .TBL files.

Could you share your newly edited version of the game once you are finished? There is no hurry, but i would really want to check out what is wrong with my editing.

I would also want to ask if the replacement of the sound files for units (except those added in the expansion) also worked out.

You did it way faster than i ever expected or hoped to do it myself :)
First of all, I appreciate your encouraging comments, thanks for those. I'm glad to see that someone cares about my work.

This is actually an issue that I also faced initially, so I think I can help you. Huncraft actually has two MPQ files. One is Huncraft.MPQ, and contains unit voices and map files in addition to a lot of .bin, .txt., and .tbl files. To change voices and maps, you replace files in this file.

The second MPQ file is actually embedded within Huncraft.exe itself. This contains a lot of the same files as in Huncraft.MPQ, with the exception of the voices and maps. However, a lot of the changes, including the .bin and .tbl files, must be made to files inside Huncraft.exe, otherwise nothing will happen. For the menu text and text for screens between missions, changes made to Huncraft.exe are the ones that matter, replacing files in Huncraft.MPQ will have no effect. It seems rather redundant, but that's how it is.

To access Huncraft.exe, you need to choose to open a file in PyMPQ. However, you need to go to the drop-down menu on the right and choose "Embedded files (.exe)". You will then be able to access Huncraft.exe and edit the files within.

Before:

During:

After:

Then just open Huncraft.exe and replace the .bin and .tbl files as needed.
In regards to the voiceovers, they seem to be working perfectly.

Also, if you are going to be doing voice replacements in the future, I need to warn you about something. You see, custom units in Starcraft mods are actually replacements of existing units due to the fact that you can't add any truly new unit IDs (Which is also why you saw Infested Raynor instead of Fenix when you got the Mission Bug; he replaces the Fenix unit's ID). However, the path for the quotes for these new units must be the path for an existing unit . For instance, the Terran Phantom is a replacement of the Sarah Kerrigan Ghost, but the directory for the Phantom's quotes is the same as that for Sarah Kerrigan, except using different sound files.

That's right, those "Kerrigan" quote files are actually for the Phantom. The file that plays when a unit is built (Like "Valkyrie Prepared" for the Valkyrie) may be hidden elsewhere. If you are going to do quote replacements yourself, you will need to be aware of what units get replaced with what. (Hell, it seems that some units, like the Scantolisk, have their files in the directories for several units. The Path for the Psi Priest's quotes is actually the path for Edmund Duke as a tank, so you have to manually check to make sure you're not replacing the wrong quotes)

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Mar 22 2019, 2:30 am by Kolokol.

None.

Mar 22 2019, 12:09 pm Zenmaster Post #24

Thanks a lot for the tips man! I am faily new to modding Starcraft, and all the things you have told me will help me immensely going forward.
I wish you luck finishing up the translation of the interface text and unit quotes. You are very, very close to tidying it up and reaching a perfect rendition of this expansion in english.
Please upload a new version with your newest work, once you are comfortable with it. I really want to try it out this way, as well as share it to my friends.
I'd also love to talk to you in private on Discord. My name there is Zenmaster#0068.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 22 2019, 12:30 pm by Zenmaster.

None.

Mar 24 2019, 3:20 am Kolokol Post #25

Comrades, Huncraft: Genocide can finally be called "Finished" after all these weeks. I have gone through the MPQ files and made the final changes. I think that, if not perfect, this version is as close to it as can be.
Update Features

The original post in this thread has also been updated with the final MPQs

MPQ File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k-7iDjz72C83nDo0TpWi8A9MxQ_Vi8yx/view
EXE file attached to this post.

Attachments:
huncraft.exe
Hits: 0 Size: 1787.75kb

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Aug 5 2019, 4:06 am by Kolokol.

None.

Apr 5 2019, 12:20 am Kolokol Post #26

More good news have arrived. ZenMaster was having a problem where he couldn't install HunCraft due to not having a Brood War CD. However, he has figured out how to install and run HunCraft: Genocide without owning a physical CD. He has been kind enough to send me a guide and gave his permission to upload it. The guide has been attached.

Attachments:
README_Huncraft (1).txt
Hits: 3 Size: 3.1kb

None.

Apr 6 2019, 7:36 pm Kolokol Post #27

So, as stated in the .txt, one needs to have the installation files in order to make a virtual drive for BW in order to trick HunCraft that you have a physical disk. What you need to do, if you lack a CD, is to download this .iso file from http://www.mediafire.com/file/8269hhqchp8mhee/BroodWars.iso/file and mount it before installing HunCraft. Various software can be used to mount it, but I recommend using WinCDEmu, which can be downloaded here: http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/download/

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 6 2019, 8:14 pm by Kolokol.

None.

Apr 6 2019, 11:44 pm Pr0nogo Post #28

Win10 has a built in cd mounter, so most people won't need to install any additional software.

Nov 28 2019, 8:26 pm Zincoshine Post #29

Quote from Pr0nogo
Win10 has a built in cd mounter, so most people won't need to install any additional software.

Why is this campaign not in your archive?

None.

Feb 10 2023, 1:54 pm Bruce Post #30

Does the new .exe and .MPQ include the changes made by the hcbugfixpatch.exe?
Ir is it still needed to make use of the hcbugfixpatch.exe?

None.

Mar 22 2023, 6:23 am TAMAMA Post #31

App Executables...how do i solve this?
I Have Starcraft Original and Brood War Iso and installed. but Huncraft install is Setting the directory correctly just fails

Attachments:
HuncraftInstallError.JPG
Hits: 1 Size: 31.5kb

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 22 2023, 8:59 am by TAMAMA.

None.

Mar 24 2023, 1:41 am Ultraviolet Post #32

Quote from TAMAMA

App Executables...how do i solve this?
I Have Starcraft Original and Brood War Iso and installed. but Huncraft install is Setting the directory correctly just fails

I honestly don't know, but since Kolokol is 6 months inactive, I'll give it a stab. Have you tried running as administrator in compatibility settings? Sometimes setting Win XP compatibility mode also helps

Nov 11 2023, 6:25 pm DOKTORXP Post #33

HELLO AND WHEN I LAUNCH THE MOD WITH FILE HUNCRAFT.EXE SO I GET ALWAYS ERROR MESSAGE ORDINAL NUMBER 354 WAS NOT FOUND IN DYNAMIC LIBRARY C PROGRAM FILES X86 STARCRAFT HCMAIN.DLL AND I TRIED REINSTALL MAYBE EXACTLY ACCORDING YOUR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR PC GAME MODIFICATION STARCRAFT HUNCRAFT BUT I AM QUITE NERVOUS FROM THIS AND I TRIED ALSO INSTALL FROM ISO WHICH I DOWNLOADED FROM HERE PC: StarCraft + Brood War : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive AND IT ALSO DOES NOT WORK WITH VERSION 1.17 OR 1.16 WHAT IS BIG PITY ?! AND PLEASE HELP ME ?? BEFOREHAND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND SOLUTIONS ?! WITH GREETINGS YOUR BIG CZECH FAN AND FRIEND TOMAS ALIAS DOKTORXP ?! -))

None.

Options
  Back to forum