Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Is it possible to create a 2nd Carrier Hero?
Is it possible to create a 2nd Carrier Hero?
Jan 22 2019, 3:07 pm
By: IlyaSnopchenko  

Jan 22 2019, 3:07 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #1

The Curious

Hello folks,

A question that has been bugging me for a while is like this. My project would benefit from a second carrier hero in addition to Gantrithor. I tried editing Warbringer reaver - since carriers and reavers share some of the mechanics - with Firegraft (also all the orders that pertain to carrier mechanics) and while I can give it the Carrier's command card it still has Scarabs in its hangar. The Attack button will be greyed out (but right clicking is OK for it to attack) and the Build Interceptor button works but builds scarabs, of course.

I wasn't able to find any EXE edits that explicitly set which units are considered to be carriers (I probably wouldn't use it anyway, since that'd throw me back to 1.16). Is all that stuff hardcoded so hard that not even Firegraft can cut it (pardon the pun)? :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 22 2019, 3:13 pm by IlyaSnopchenko.

Trial and error... mostly error.

Jan 22 2019, 3:35 pm Pr0nogo Post #2

Yes, hangars are very hardcoded. Anything touching them will be 1161 only.

Jan 22 2019, 4:32 pm IlyaSnopchenko Post #3

The Curious

Thanks for the information, Pr0nogo. Well, bummer. It's not worth the effort in my case anyway.

Trial and error... mostly error.

Options
  Back to forum