Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: The Popular Maps of SCR is the worst function!!!???
The Popular Maps of SCR is the worst function!!!???
Oct 21 2018, 12:20 pm
By: ilovedsa  

Oct 21 2018, 12:20 pm ilovedsa Post #1

This is a letter from a Chinese map maker, I want to know whether it is true.
==============================================================================

Hi, Blizzard,

I must say The Popular Maps is the worst function with tears for map makers. Because we find it can make the maps from there lose protcetion if the map was protceted, can you imagine that other players can chang your maps at will. In short, the SCR becomes a pirate's accomplice. This is a very severe thing.

Why do I have tears for it? I tell my experience about this problem shortly. I am a map maker from China and of course I play SCR in China server.I make and develop a map/rpg called DSA which has 520 Beta versions for 8 years, and it is always protceted and popular in China. But several days ago, we found that there was a priated DSA with cogged backdoor in SCR, it means that this protceted map is unprotcet and tampered viciously, many players are so angry, because we don't know which host we should trust.

Do you know, Blizzard? I don't want to say the tampering is wrong or we should protcet any map maker's works and enthusiasm, I just want to say, in 8 years past, we were always trusting other players and any host of this map, In 8 years past, we were always happy to play this map and in full of sense of trust.

Do you know, Blizzard? I can bear the SC has no official map protcetor, but I can't bear the SCR unprotect the protected maps from Popular Maps. I think you can understand this is a very severe thing. It should be deal with, if not, I think no body want to make maps in SC. I believe you can know what I mean and can do better.

Failed to get ImageSize ( http://www.scrpg.info/data/attachment/forum/201810/21/201730gyme9ovuw1ay1wov.png )

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 21 2018, 12:30 pm by ilovedsa.

None.

Oct 21 2018, 5:42 pm NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I might look like a fool for asking, but I'm a bit surprised that scr would alter maps in any way. Can you explain a bit more what is happening and if not obvious, how you obtained that information?

Oct 22 2018, 6:21 am ilovedsa Post #3

Quote from NudeRaider
I might look like a fool for asking, but I'm a bit surprised that scr would alter maps in any way. Can you explain a bit more what is happening and if not obvious, how you obtained that information?

This becomes a big thing in Chinese map making group, many makers refuse to make or upgrade any map.I don't know how to explain and what happens. They said their maps downloading from Popular Maps can be open and chang straightway without any unprotceting, and suddenly, there are many tampered maps in SCR, it's said that any player can open and chang Popular Maps at their will, but their maps were protceted at all the time.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 22 2018, 6:49 am by ilovedsa.

None.

Oct 22 2018, 4:09 pm NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Can you upload an example map? The protected original and the one downloaded from Popular Maps? Ideally one that's already outdated so we don't accitentially contribute to the map hijacking.

EDIT:
Also where is this feature? I can't find it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 22 2018, 4:31 pm by NudeRaider.

Options
  Back to forum