Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: How to convert old version Mods to current version?
How to convert old version Mods to current version?
Oct 11 2018, 2:41 pm
By: Finally91  

Oct 11 2018, 2:41 pm Finally91 Post #1

It may not be possible to ask for the mod author to transfer an old version mod to current version, I wonder if I could do it myself.

None.

Oct 11 2018, 3:22 pm Voyager7456 Post #2

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

The only version-specific portion of mods is the grafting component. Using FireGraft to try and convert a mod from one version to another ends up with all sorts of undesirable side effects. It's probably possible to use a hex editor to update the EXE, but I found it faster to just redo the grafting.

I have no idea how to update Samase mods. If you had the original FG EXE, you could just run it through Samase again but presumably only the original author has that.

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Oct 11 2018, 3:33 pm Finally91 Post #3

I found firegraft at "http://www.staredit.net/sc1db/file/2258/", but it says it's outdated and the site "http://www.broodwarai.com/" they suggested isn't available.

None.

Oct 11 2018, 4:20 pm Voyager7456 Post #4

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

Here, use this: https://mega.nz/#!D9QT2DJJ!HYBDtuGEI4wc8dWAKtIicBgBdCf4_y4UNrJ35RUU5Z8

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Oct 12 2018, 1:48 pm Finally91 Post #5

I tried to open .exe mod files but all of them prompts 'access violation...'. Am i misuse it?

None.

Options
  Back to forum