Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Order doesn't t work
Order doesn't t work
Oct 2 2018, 1:57 am
By: drtraphouse  

Oct 2 2018, 1:57 am drtraphouse Post #1

Yeah i read about it
Another action which isn't exactly an AI Script, is the "Order" action. The "Order" action doesn't have to be run by the player
whose units you wish to affect, for example: Player 1's trigger could order Player 2's Marine to walk across the map.
"Move" will make the unit walk there without attacking anything (unless perhaps it is blocked along the way)
"Attack" will make the unit walk to its destination and only attack if it is attacked first
"Patrol" will make the unit walk to its destination, actively seeking enemies along the way to engage, then walk back and forth between
its destination and the place where it was given the patrol order (still seeking enemies along the way)
But anyway there's problem with order trigger, location that where created character should move isn't unreachable so i dont know what to do with it

There's triggers of order

character that's supposed to move is red computer (human player is blue), but there's
switch that is set after that (set 'rusz_pizde')
making this (screen below)

so it should work...

and a few words about how i imagine this:

you must kill boss "niemiecki snajper" and after that all of player units become neutral for little cinematic
scene, there's center view for that place where that scene will start, then character is created there and that character is supposed to move but it doesn't work...

Here's also SCX of that map if someone want to help (with mutalisk 9999dmg over boss to faster test)
https://www40.zippyshare.com/v/7kmFCyel/file.html
and here's locations of that little cinematic

btw. sorry for bad english

None.

Oct 2 2018, 2:44 am jjf28 Post #2

Cartography Artisan

Try removing all wait actions from the map and instead use death counter timers, or other timing mechanisms, judging by your displayed triggers you may be experiencing wait blocks.

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Oct 2 2018, 3:08 am Roy Post #3

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from jjf28
Try removing all wait actions from the map and instead use death counter timers, or other timing mechanisms, judging by your displayed triggers you may be experiencing wait blocks.
The map doesn't have hyper triggers, so it's unlikely that this is the issue.

Quote from drtraphouse
character that's supposed to move is red computer (human player is blue)
Player 1 is not set to Computer: they're set as Rescuable. If you change Player 1 to Computer, the Order action will work as expected.

Oct 2 2018, 4:26 am drtraphouse Post #4

Ah okay, I thought that if i change that rescuable status to enemy in triggers that red player gonna be computer, but i changed created char to yellow player (computer) and now works, thanks :)

None.

Oct 2 2018, 10:16 am NudeRaider Post #5

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Roy
Quote from jjf28
The map doesn't have hyper triggers, so it's unlikely that this is the issue.
Since it came up I just wanna elaborate:
Wait blocks happen whenever 2 waits run at the same time. Hyper, or "regular" wait. So 2 overlapping "regular" waits can cause wait blocks too. However the severity of the delay is a lot less, because the waits wait for each other to finish, which means the one wait time is added to the other (more or less). But the recursive nature of hypers greatly increses the delay (from normally 0ms).

Options
  Back to forum