Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: What unit can I disable in game that will crash the map?
What unit can I disable in game that will crash the map?
Aug 5 2018, 6:33 am
By: sethmachine  

Aug 5 2018, 6:33 am sethmachine Post #1

Hi,

I used to be able to Disable a zerg queen and whole map would crash.

This no longer works in remastered. It appears they patched it.

Any other units that can still crash game via triggers?

None.

Aug 5 2018, 6:42 am jjf28 Post #2

Cartography Artisan

I'm not sure why you'd want to crash your players, but defeat should now reliably kick players in SC:R (staying-alive hacks should no longer be usuable), and if you're just trying to make bans instant (to eliminate laggers quickly or whatnot) you can still desync/drop players by reading something (like display text) with local EUD conditions and then performing a global action (like add minerals).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 5 2018, 6:49 am by jjf28.

Rs_yes-im4real - Clan Aura - jjf28.net84.net

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Aug 5 2018, 7:03 am sethmachine Post #3

More protection against map hackers. What I used to do is flash a disabled queen, but remove it before it crashed everyone else.

Map hackers would crash because they don't have fog of war. It worked pretty well back in the day.

Did Blizzard patch all these disabled units?

Aug 8 2018, 10:53 am lucifirius Post #4

Are there even any maphacks available? I've not been able to find one.

None.

Options
  Back to forum