Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: So here I am, playing Starcraft.
So here I am, playing Starcraft.
Jul 18 2018, 11:31 am
By: johntimber  

Jul 18 2018, 11:31 am johntimber Post #1

Hi,

who was a big Starcraft fan back in the day, got all excited when hearing about the long-awaited announcement of Starcraft II. So he naturally dug out his old CDs from God knows where and successfully installed the game. He even had a valid CD key from a decade ago when he first bought the game. Amazing the stuff he has stashed away somewhere. I lost my CDs years ago.Naturally, he roped me into playing through the game's Single Player campaign with him. I have always sucked at RTS and I tend to avoid them whenever I can, but I figured 10 years later it couldn't hurt to play it for kicks. He ripped his CDs to ISOs, zipped them up, and uploaded them to me and gave me his CD key.So here I am, playing Starcraft single player. 10 years later, in fact, and nearing the game's 10th Anniversary as it was released way back in 1998. Later, as a joke, I think I'm going to install Virtual PC 2007 (which is a free download from MS's website) and try running Starcraft inside a Win98SE installation inside Virtual PC. I think Core 2 Duo can probably handle that. Right now, I'm just blasting through the Terran campaign Episode I all over again and pretending it's my first time, you know, watching the cutscenes and listening to the mission briefings. It's surreal to be hearing John Raynor talking again after all these years. I'm a little disappointed, though, as I seem to be tad rusty (imagine that). On Terran mission 3, I used to be able to kill the Zerg base before the 30 minute time limit ran out and get outright Victory instead of waiting for the dropships to arrive. There was just a building left and a couple of Overlords left when time ran out. Hell, I don't remember what order to build anything anymore or even what half the buildings are for. Oh well.

Thanks!

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jul 19 2018, 7:07 am by NudeRaider.

None.

Jul 19 2018, 5:09 am Lanthanide Post #2

Do you know about Starcraft Remastered? It's completely free (with SD/original graphics) and runs on modern systems.

None.

Options
  Back to forum