Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Vote for next map (Part 2)
Vote for next map (Part 2)
Jun 19 2018, 1:10 am
By: MTiger156  

Jun 19 2018, 1:10 am MTiger156 Post #1

Veteran Mapper

Unfortunately, I will likely have to scrap DBZ All Sagas Remastered. Though it was a good attempt, it appears that I lack the creativity required to keep the fights interesting since they started to feel repeatitive later on.
The last time I did "Vote For My Next Map", the theme was Zombies (Walking Dead: Lawless Land vs. Starcraft Nazi Zombies, the former of which was the winner). As Part-2 of this series, the theme is now Shooter/Arena. Your feedback is especially important this time around, because I need to know if its worth replicating other Blizzard Games within Starcraft.

Heroes of the Storm
Collapse Box

Overwatch
Collapse Box

Trouble In Terrorist Town (EUD Remaster)
Collapse Box

Use this strawpoll to vote, and/or leave comments for detailed feedback. Thanks y'all.
http://www.strawpoll.me/15923415/r

Jun 19 2018, 1:42 am Dem0n Post #2

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Make what you want. Don't force yourself to make something that others say you should make. You won't have fun making it and the final product won't be good.

Jun 19 2018, 7:21 am Cool-Knight Post #3

Quote from Dem0n
Make what you want. Don't force yourself to make something that others say you should make. You won't have fun making it and the final product won't be good.
Agreed. :)

I make StarCraft BroodWar Maps! Servers I'm On: USEast/USWest!

You can also find me at my Website My Akas: SHANE-009

Follows and obey SEN Rules: The Rules.

Updated as of: 9/11/2021

Jun 19 2018, 4:20 pm NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

So either another moba, snipers, or the thing clone. My vote is on the thing because it's a quick casual map that everyone can play and have fun. It shouldn't be too complex, and less need to balance, so less chance of you burning out and more chance of actually finishing a map.

A MOBA is a daunting task if done right, I would advise against it for a number of reasons. It's a lot of work, so a co-mappers or two are recommended. Also pretty much the opposite of casual, so you have the additional task of fostering and then catering to a community. I suspect that neither of the mentioned things will happen.

P.S. Don't listen to nay-sayers. You want feedback on your mapping ideas? You've come to the right place.

Options
  Back to forum