Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Units created at location X and moved to Y, attempt to walk back
Units created at location X and moved to Y, attempt to walk back
Mar 25 2018, 5:02 am
By: Lanthanide  

Mar 25 2018, 5:02 am Lanthanide Post #1

While investigating my annoying EUD-related freeze (see other thread), I was changing various things in my map and ended up with a situation where when I create units at a particular location, and then move them elsewhere on the map, if I don't give them new orders after the move, they attempt to walk back to their original creation location. This is actually blocked by water, so they end up standing together in a big bunch, sitting there doing nothing. It's quite annoying.

Normally I'll have triggers that run various orders, so I think this behaviour will not normally be seen in a genuine game, but even having the underlying propensity for it is troubling, because if units do this at all, even just 0.5% of the time, it can lead to a slight balance problem in favour of one of the teams.

I'm certain I've seen this behaviour before in the past (when I was actively mapping 5+ years ago) and that there is a particular cause for the behaviour, as well as a something you can do to stop it happening (other than just ordering the units to move to a new location).

Is anyone familiar with the phenomenon and can they shed some light on what's happening and how to prevent it?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 25 2018, 5:52 am by Lanthanide.

None.

Mar 25 2018, 5:17 am Excalibur Post #2

The sword and the faith

There was a bug on PK's RE: Raccoon City where you would need to use the Clear Combat Orders script (I think thats the name?) otherwise the units would stand around and just sort of chill, not even returning fire when attacked. I'd try that and see if it fixes your problem.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Mar 25 2018, 9:28 am Lanthanide Post #3

Right, I found the original thread where this was discussed and I worked out the root cause of the problem as well as the solution, here: http://www.staredit.net/topic/14882/

Had to use google with "site:staredit.net" to find it 'cause the SEN search itself is lame. At least it doesn't cause SQL errors any more.

:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:

None.

Options
  Back to forum