Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: [SCA] Turret Defense
[SCA] Turret Defense
Mar 12 2018, 4:58 pm
By: lifebot  

Mar 12 2018, 4:58 pm lifebot Post #1

Download Map: https://scrmaps.com/

This map supports SCA launcher which saves your progress.

You will earn EXP and will level up.

There is a global ranking which is updated live on https://SCArchive.kr

Post has been edited 16 time(s), last time on Sep 20 2020, 9:55 am by lifebot.

Mar 12 2018, 9:03 pm MTiger156 Post #2

Veteran Mapper

Both competitive and highly optimized. This will definitely stand out from the crowd. The only thing that could make this better is a voting system for difficulty and victory conditions.

Mar 14 2018, 4:29 am lifebot Post #3

NEW UPDATE:

-Added vote for difficulty [Easy or Normal]
-Added vote for game mode [Clear All Rounds or First to 1000 Kills]
-Added Marine Hero & Goliath Hero & Dark Archon & Dragoon Hero

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 16 2018, 8:02 pm by lifebot.

Mar 18 2018, 6:01 am Sato Post #4

The past version I played was not fun or strategic or balanced - ultimately, the one and only viable strategy to out-kill the other players was to get some Marines and spam upgrades (upgrades not going up in cost made them very spammable.) Anyone who went for anything else immediately fell behind in kills, got less money, and as a result, were never able to catch up. The rich get richer, and whoever chose Marines got rich.

This kind of game just really isn't conducive to being PVP unless everyone is getting their own separate spawn/area, IMO.

That being said, the foundation of the map is solid and is pretty close to how I would design an EUD Turret Defense if I made one. I was pretty impressed with the basics of it.

Now that there is a co-op mode, I'm interested, so I'll give it a test playthrough.

Good job on the map.

None.

Mar 18 2018, 4:31 pm lifebot Post #5

Quote from Sato
The past version I played was not fun or strategic or balanced - ultimately, the one and only viable strategy to out-kill the other players was to get some Marines and spam upgrades (upgrades not going up in cost made them very spammable.) Anyone who went for anything else immediately fell behind in kills, got less money, and as a result, were never able to catch up. The rich get richer, and whoever chose Marines got rich.

This kind of game just really isn't conducive to being PVP unless everyone is getting their own separate spawn/area, IMO.

That being said, the foundation of the map is solid and is pretty close to how I would design an EUD Turret Defense if I made one. I was pretty impressed with the basics of it.

Now that there is a co-op mode, I'm interested, so I'll give it a test playthrough.

Good job on the map.

Appreciate your feedback. Still balancing out from Round 19 to Round 25 but I'm almost there. Hard to test the later rounds for a map like this

Oct 27 2019, 9:25 pm DrSteele Post #6

How are you able to accomplish the native stacking support?

I tried to do this by setting the building dimensions of turrets to 0, but this makes the turret end up being invisible. Is there a way to allow stacking but buildings still show up?

None.

Sep 13 2020, 7:23 pm lifebot Post #7

Updated for SCA

Options
  Back to forum