Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: old sniper rpg map maker, need help
old sniper rpg map maker, need help
Mar 10 2018, 8:25 pm
By: Warlord_Master  

Mar 10 2018, 8:25 pm Warlord_Master Post #1

I created 2 maps in the past that used the "Ai script: "Brood Wars Terran 2 - Town B" to create nukes for computer.
after remastered hit, these maps no longer function as the computer is not building it anymore. the nukes were pretty much core to the map.
on another note, I had a map that utilized p15 map revealer to increase game speed to x2. this does not work anymore also.
can anyone help me or explain to me what happend. thank you for your time

None.

Mar 10 2018, 9:13 pm Pr0nogo Post #2

Game speed can be set to x2 with the lobby name, just make the lobby name end with #x2. Can also do it with EUDs, though you then miss out on expanded limits.

2A is the script that makes nukes.

Mar 10 2018, 9:51 pm Warlord_Master Post #3

I checked from this thread http://www.staredit.net/topic/2436/#2
that 2a creates ghost. I will try to update the map to use 2a instead but I didn't think blizzard remastered would change ai scripts

None.

Mar 10 2018, 9:55 pm Warlord_Master Post #4

Quote from Warlord_Master
I checked from this thread http://www.staredit.net/topic/2436/#2
that 2a creates ghost. I will try to update the map to use 2a instead but I didn't think blizzard remastered would change ai scripts
both 2a and 2b dont work anymore? how can I make computer build nukes now

None.

Mar 10 2018, 10:02 pm Warlord_Master Post #5

after trying #x2, this isn't what I wanted. map revealer p15 incr attack speed by x2 only, everything else was normal speed. this x2 speed makes it very hard to control units..

None.

Mar 10 2018, 10:37 pm Pr0nogo Post #6

They didn't change AI scripts, just AI script execution logic (to prevent crashes etc) -- I don't believe create_unit works when the script is owned by players, if the script is owned by a computer you can just remove the ghosts, unless the coordinates they're created at don't work well for your map's terrain.

You could use EUDs to load modified aiscript file with the changes you want. You could also use this to load modified weapons.dat changes that set attack speed to double their normal values and reset it if desired. I don't know anything about using EUDs in remastered but I know this is possible, so maybe ask for more guided help on this on the staredit.net discord server: https://discord.gg/TpsPUXb

Mar 11 2018, 10:22 am Nekron Post #7

Since the default nuke_rate is 0, the baseline terran AI towns train nukes by default if they have unoccupied nuke silos + resources + supply, you just need a script with start_town and preferably nothing more - like TB2B. Make sure the player is a computer terran player and he can physically train + afford nukes (tested it on remastered a second ago btw, and yes, it does work as it always did)
Creating nukes (as in instantly spawning them to free nuke silos) is and always was only done by TB2A

Options
  Back to forum