Teleport issue
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 9 2018, 9:34 pm
By: Mech11  

Mar 9 2018, 9:34 pm Mech11 Post #1

Maj.

Hi guys. I tried so many variants but still cant get simple trigger to work, even when im pretty sure I've used it before and it was working. It should do simple thing. When player bring unit to a location it shloud move (teleport) all units in that location to a another location. Here is how my trigger is done (Dont mind customnames and the message is to test if it triggers properly) Problem is with teleporting, trigger fire of correctly (i see the message). I've already tried it with simpliest version where were in both conditions and actions [any unit]. And it was for each player, cause I want to have travel working for all players, but I thought it may be problem with that so I decided to test it only on one player and it dont work with [any unit] and it dont work how its currently under here. Any help apprecieted.
Triggername
Players

• Player 2
  • Conditions

• Player 2 brings at least 1 [any unit] to 'Cave NE'.
  • Actions

• Display for current player: Test
  • Wait for 3000 milliseconds.
  • Move All Marine for Current Player at 'Cave NE' to 'Cave NW'.
  • Move All Pyroman for Current Player at 'Cave NE' to 'Cave NW'.
  • Move All Recon for Current Player at 'Cave NE' to 'Cave NW'.
  • Move All Sergeant Joggi for Current Player at 'Cave NE' to 'Cave NW'.
  • Move All Medic for Current Player at 'Cave NE' to 'Cave NW'.
  • Move All H.E.V. for Current Player at 'Cave NE' to 'Cave NW'.
  • Move All L.A.S. for Current Player at 'Cave NE' to 'Cave NW'.
  • Move All Worker for Current Player at 'Cave NE' to 'Cave NW'.
  • Wait for 3000 milliseconds.
  • Preserve trigger

• The death of millions is a statistic. The death of Raynor is a tragedy.

Mar 9 2018, 11:25 pm Pauper Post #2

Are the units owned by player 2?

Edit: also seeing how you're using wait there may be another wait trigger slowing things down, preventing this from working.

Alias: Oo.Pauper.oO - Mp)Madness - Bitz - p00pyjoel

Mar 10 2018, 12:06 am Dem0n Post #3

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Yeah, I think the fact that you can see the message but the units don't move means there's definitely a wait block... Or would the trigger just not run at all if that was the case? Regardless, I'd try removing those waits and trying again. If they still don't move, check your other triggers for large waits. Typically, you don't want to use waits too often as they do cause delays in trigger execution. If you do have a lot of waits, I'd recommend replacing them with death counters. They are simply to implement, and only require one or two extra triggers, and you won't experience any delay with them. Also make sure you implement hyper triggers or else they won't work correctly.

Mar 10 2018, 12:30 am Mech11 Post #4

Maj.

OK guys, thank both for reply. I've tried to remove those wait things and try it again. Without them problem wasn't solved. I've spent about 30 minutes looking for my old map, where this trigger worked and found out that I've had two locations for both enterance and inside (In this trigger I've mainly wanted wait to save some space and avoid loop in going from one to second location and otherwise). In this map I tested only one way move so it wasn't problem but probably there were problem with location, because in old map location for exit was in completely moveable terrain and in this map I had quater of location in hill so that may caused problem. Secondly and Im glad for it it worked in much easier way. I've set it to simplier way.
    Triggername
    Players

• All Players
  • Conditions

• Current Player brings at least 1 [any unit] to 'Cave NE'.
  • Actions

• Move All [any unit] for Current Player at 'Cave NE' to 'Cave NW exit'.
  • Preserve trigger

• Now it works pretty good, only pain is that I have to place two locations at both sides with Enter and Exit so it require more space. Anyway good idea with those hyper triggers I will use them to other triggers, where I need short delay. Thanks both. I guess it can be closed as solved.

The death of millions is a statistic. The death of Raynor is a tragedy.

Mar 10 2018, 12:48 am Dem0n Post #5

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Units that are moved should be able to move to locations that aren't entirely on clear terrain. Usually, if there's something in their way when they're moved, they'll just be placed beside it instead of directly in the center of the location.

Options
      Back to forum