Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Game Crashes After Briefing
Game Crashes After Briefing
Feb 23 2018, 1:24 am
By: Kolokol  

Feb 23 2018, 1:24 am Kolokol Post #1

I have been working on a map recently. It is only partially completed at the moment. I launched Starcraft to test out a few triggers to make sure they are working properly. However, after I press "Start" on the briefing screen, my game crashes and gives me two error messages:
21B48DCB-4530-4EAE-BC60-92AEF82F8D95
And, after I press ctrl alt del because my screen gets messed up:
F4259214-0E11-4660-A7F4-78EF746BDBBF
What do those messages mean? What could possibly be causing those errors,and how do I fix them?
I have attached the map file in question. I can't see anything that would crash the game in the map itself. Any ideas?
I am using the latest SMDraft2. Starcraft version is 1.21.

Attachments:
Reentry.scx
Hits: 4 Size: 158.86kb

None.

Feb 23 2018, 5:53 am DarkenedFantasies Post #2

Roy's Secret Service

The anti-matter missile glow sprites (around the cybernetics core) are what's making it crash. Some sprites do that...

Also those numbers you posted don't mean anything, they're just ID for those specific crashes.

Feb 24 2018, 3:15 am Kolokol Post #3

The anti-matter missile glow sprites (around the cybernetics core) are what's making it crash. Some sprites do that...

Also those numbers you posted don't mean anything, they're just ID for those specific crashes.
Thanks. Are there any other sprites that crash the game?

None.

Feb 24 2018, 4:34 pm DarkenedFantasies Post #4

Roy's Secret Service

Yeah, but I can't list them all. Just try them.

Feb 24 2018, 8:26 pm NudeRaider Post #5

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

We have a list around here somewhere for 1.16. Not sure how accurate it's for scr or if there's one for that too.
I'd try the wiki or if you've no problem shutting down SEN for a few minutes feel free to do a search.

Feb 28 2018, 6:43 pm Dungeon-Master Post #6

Quote from NudeRaider
We have a list around here somewhere for 1.16. Not sure how accurate it's for scr or if there's one for that too.
I'd try the wiki or if you've no problem shutting down SEN for a few minutes feel free to do a search.

Shutting down Sen? Is that what causes these excrutiating slow downs? Users using the search feature?

None.

Feb 28 2018, 11:53 pm Dem0n Post #7

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

SEN's slow because it's slow. Searching will straight up crash the site sometimes.

Memes gather, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the memer on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of memes. I pledge my life and honor to the Meme's Watch, for this meme and all the memes to come.

Mar 1 2018, 6:55 pm Dungeon-Master Post #8

And here I was thinking I was being a good boy using search insteat of asking questions that were already answered 20 times.

None.

Mar 13 2018, 4:43 pm Mech11 Post #9

Maj.

If it's still actual, I recommend to go for error log - in ....Starcraft\Errors and look for "Fault address:" there should be code which can identify problem.

The death of millions is a statistic. The death of Raynor is a tragedy.

Options
  Back to forum