Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Desert Strike Night Remastered
Desert Strike Night Remastered
Feb 2 2018, 10:48 pm
By: Lanthanide  

May 13 2018, 1:45 am Lanthanide Post #21

The file was actually 3.20 (check filename), I just hadn't edited the file description. Now updated.

None.

Sep 26 2018, 6:57 am 3FFA Post #22

Hey Lanth, been a long time. I just downloaded DSNR for the first time and hosted three or four different games, won all of them. Very easy to pickup again, and each game had new players that picked up the basics in the middle of their first or second playthroughs.

"Flames on the crystal formation indicate your upgrade level to your allies"
This isn't intuitive enough. I downloaded the new map and found it really frustratingly unintuitive. I just used the top left gas counter and my own gas count to try and tell. Which worked fine since I only played 2v2 matches tonight.

As far as balance goes, my matches weren't at a high enough level to really assess it properly. So far it feels very linear. ie. higher tech units beat lower tech units, and the cases where lower tech might beat higher tech, there is a cap on the lower tech. After playing the SC2 versions, it leaves me wanting for lower tech to be a bit more viable. With that said, I only played a few games and this was my first impression.
Using Terran with an STF-Sleepy style of build still works, so that was nice to see. I was saddened seeing the tanks locked into siege mode though.

None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:00 pm]
Pr0nogo -- more when i finish streaming
[04:00 pm]
Pr0nogo -- initial impressions for the fog of war are, it would be great to be able to toggle between add/remove, instead of the current method
[03:57 pm]
Suicidal Insanity -- Somebody suggested multiselect in the tree view which would be a great idea, except win32 treeviews do not allow multiselect :(
[03:56 pm]
Suicidal Insanity -- Pr0nogo
Pr0nogo shouted: forgot about loc copy/cut/paste, seems to work fine but would be nice to be able to select more than one
Internally it supports up to 255 locations, but I never figured out a good way of allowing multiselect in the UI and still supporting clicking multiple times for overlapping locations
[03:54 pm]
Pr0nogo -- in the paste i used map revealers because duplicating fog of war was such a pain, now i'll use that and let you know how it works out
[03:54 pm]
Pr0nogo -- forgot about loc copy/cut/paste, seems to work fine but would be nice to be able to select more than one
[03:46 pm]
Suicidal Insanity -- And speaking of which, anybody tried location copy / cut / paste, and fog of war copy / cut / paste? Those are included but I suspect barely have been used
[03:45 pm]
Suicidal Insanity -- In my case, there are incomplete features that are included in the normal alphas, but are not included in the branch that contains the RC
[03:13 pm]
NudeRaider -- *there
[03:04 pm]
NudeRaider -- In software developing, when your software reached release candidate status what has to happen for it to become an actual release? Is that just a fancy name for a beta which will only get fixes but no additional features, or are the subtle differences?
Please log in to shout.

Members Online: jjf28, Roy, DarkenedFantasies, ugakav, Pr0nogo