Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Desert Strike Night Remastered
Desert Strike Night Remastered
Feb 2 2018, 10:48 pm
By: Lanthanide  

May 13 2018, 1:45 am Lanthanide Post #21

The file was actually 3.20 (check filename), I just hadn't edited the file description. Now updated.

None.

Sep 26 2018, 6:57 am 3FFA Post #22

Hey Lanth, been a long time. I just downloaded DSNR for the first time and hosted three or four different games, won all of them. Very easy to pickup again, and each game had new players that picked up the basics in the middle of their first or second playthroughs.

"Flames on the crystal formation indicate your upgrade level to your allies"
This isn't intuitive enough. I downloaded the new map and found it really frustratingly unintuitive. I just used the top left gas counter and my own gas count to try and tell. Which worked fine since I only played 2v2 matches tonight.

As far as balance goes, my matches weren't at a high enough level to really assess it properly. So far it feels very linear. ie. higher tech units beat lower tech units, and the cases where lower tech might beat higher tech, there is a cap on the lower tech. After playing the SC2 versions, it leaves me wanting for lower tech to be a bit more viable. With that said, I only played a few games and this was my first impression.
Using Terran with an STF-Sleepy style of build still works, so that was nice to see. I was saddened seeing the tanks locked into siege mode though.

None.

Options
  Back to forum