Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Getting Error About String
Getting Error About String
Jan 24 2018, 6:49 am
By: SolarHound  

Jan 24 2018, 6:49 am SolarHound Post #1

So when ever I try to open a map the map being Sims High School V G

When I do it just gives me this

String Corruption detected in line 1036, file.\CCHK.cpp
String ID: 978. String Contains: Null

Anyone know if its possible to fix this?

Jan 24 2018, 7:00 am NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Not sure if this is even an error in the sense of the word, of if it's just information. It tells you that string number 978 is empty. Maybe it just is?

You can open up ScmD's string editor, find the string and edit it to contain something (if only a space). See if that "fixes" it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 24 2018, 7:38 am by NudeRaider.

Jan 24 2018, 7:05 am SolarHound Post #3

Quote from NudeRaider
Not sure if this is even an error in the sense of the word, of if it's just information. It tells you that string number 978 is empty. Maybe it just is?

You can open up ScmD's trigger editor, find the string and edit it to contain something (if only a space). See if that "fixes" it.

Oaky. how do I open the Trigger editor without opening the map? Im 'newish' at SCMdraft, by that I mean I haven't used it since before SC2:HOTS

NEVER MIND! I updated from .8 and now the map suddenly opens no problem!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 24 2018, 7:12 am by SolarHound.

None.

Jan 24 2018, 7:45 am NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from NudeRaider
[...] trigger editor[...]
I meant string editor. Because while it's possible to edit the string in the trigger editor (classic trigedit) you'll have a harder time finding it there.

Quote from SolarHound
NEVER MIND! I updated from .8 and now the map suddenly opens no problem!
Ya, assumed it's not a real error. Though an empty string still seems like something that's not intended.

Jan 24 2018, 9:50 am Suicidal Insanity Post #5

I see you !

The string corruption message means that the reference count stored in a string (so number of sections which use it) does not match a recalculated value for that reference count. Since the string is NULL, it sounds like it may have been deleted manually.

Options
  Back to forum