Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: How to strip WAVs out of a map
How to strip WAVs out of a map
Oct 20 2017, 3:24 am
By: Oh_Man  

Oct 20 2017, 3:24 am Oh_Man Post #1

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

I'm looking to convert all my WAVs into OGG to reduce file size. Unfortunately I use WINMPQ so I can no longer delete sound files via the sound editor in SCMDRAFT.

Deleting the WAVs in WINMPQ does not actually delete them out of the map.

Anyone got any solutions on how to do this?

Oct 21 2017, 11:24 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #2

I see you !

Can't you kill the wavs using winMPQ, add the new ogg files, and use the string editor to edit the sound filename paths? (Since the strings will stick around as long a trigger references them)

Oct 22 2017, 7:41 am Oh_Man Post #3

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Deleting WAVs via winMPQ doesn't actually delete them (filesize stays the same which means they are still in there somewhere).

Oct 22 2017, 1:37 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #4

I see you !

You probably need to run an optimize or compact or similar command in winmpq to reduce the filesize.

Options
  Back to forum