Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: SCMDraft Unit Properties question
SCMDraft Unit Properties question
Sep 28 2017, 4:53 pm
By: Appletank  

Sep 28 2017, 4:53 pm Appletank Post #1

In the unit properties tab, there's an unlabeled number box that I haven't been able to figure out what it does. It looks like this:

Hitpoints [150 ] [0]

Does that [0] do anything interesting?

Appletank likes big boom

Sep 28 2017, 5:00 pm jjf28 Post #2

Cartography Artisan

Quote from Appletank
In the unit properties tab, there's an unlabeled number box that I haven't been able to figure out what it does. It looks like this:

Hitpoints [150 ] [0]

It's the final, hidden byte of hitpoints; it's typically edited to create special wireframes (e.g. dark blue marine wireframes), I believe StarCraft internally uses it for hp regeneration.

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Sep 28 2017, 5:30 pm Appletank Post #3

Quote from jjf28

It's the final, hidden byte of hitpoints; it's typically edited to create special wireframes (e.g. dark blue marine wireframes), I believe StarCraft internally uses it for hp regeneration.
Huh. Might be color, since zerg don't have a difference, unless its something baked into the code. Probably not going to affect much to be worth messing with.

Also, there's no way to change how much max energy a unit has, is there?

Appletank likes big boom

Sep 28 2017, 7:08 pm Pr0nogo Post #4

Not without plugins (only compatible with 1.16.1)

Sep 29 2017, 4:09 am trgk Post #5

Quote from Appletank

Hitpoints [150 ] [0]

Quote from Appletank

Hitpoints [150 ] [0]

Starcraft stores HP in an 256-multiplied form, so that they can deal with sub-integer hp modification like zerg healing or 0.5 damage.
Map stores HP in its original form, so that [0] is the last fraction of HP. Think it as a remainder of HP divided by 256.

EUD

Sep 29 2017, 5:58 pm Suicidal Insanity Post #6

I see you !

In technical terms its 24.8 fixed point.

Options
  Back to forum