Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Problem with sound files
Problem with sound files
Sep 7 2017, 10:17 am
By: ethelion  

Sep 7 2017, 10:17 am ethelion Post #1

Hi there. Recently I was starting a new project where I tried to make a Battlecruiser Unit with Arcturus Mengsk's dialogues implemented to that unit. Although I encountered some problems. I the bits of his campaign dialogues in audacity and then saved it as 16-bit PCM .wav files. I put them in MPQ and start the Starcraft 1.16. Some of the unit's dialogues can be heard in the game, however some of them when cilcked they crash the game and doesn't work at all(for example UDupss00 is not working, but UDupss01 works completely fine, they were exported in the same way so i dont know what the problem is). Can anyone give me a tip what to do, or use a sound editor that will definitely make this wav files work? Thanks.

If someone would like to take a look on files - there they are:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1giv9cz1nt5lx9n/Dukealt.zip

None.

Sep 9 2017, 12:34 pm ethelion Post #2

At least guys, could you suggest what sound programs should be used to be compatible with starcraft's wav files?

None.

Options
  Back to forum