Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Making ally's drones harvest minerals
Making ally's drones harvest minerals
Aug 27 2017, 1:29 pm
By: Shooplor  

Aug 27 2017, 1:29 pm Shooplor Post #1

Marshal

Hello all, working on my single-player scenario for the SCR in StarEdit.

I want to make the ally's Zerg drones to start harvesting minerals when I have my hero unit on a specific location.

I tried running the AI Script "Expansion Zerg" but for some reason the drones which I have placed there do not move. When I use the "order" command instead of "Run AI script" the drones do what I have ordered them, but they can only, move, attack or patrol. They cannot be ordered to harvest minerals.

How do I solve this?

Thanks

As easy as recon

Aug 27 2017, 1:48 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #2

👻 👾 👽 💪

Are the drones owned by a computer player? Is the AI script being ran for that player? AI scripts only run for the 'current player', so for example you could not run an AI script for player 2 (to control player 2 drones) in a trigger owned by player 1.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Aug 27 2017, 2:06 pm Shooplor Post #3

Marshal

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Are the drones owned by a computer player? Is the AI script being ran for that player? AI scripts only run for the 'current player', so for example you could not run an AI script for player 2 (to control player 2 drones) in a trigger owned by player 1.

Hello! Thank you for the FAST reply!

The drones are owned by player 5 and this is good, I do not want to own them. I want them to remain the property of player 5 as they are. I just want that player to START gathering minerals when I arrive with my unit at a specific location.

I have created all of my triggers with bring exactly 1 unit of that type to that location and for me this worked really good! But now when I do the same but the action is run script, it does not work. Drones stay in place, AI acts as if they do not exist. I tried running the whole trigger for player 5, but still does not work.

As easy as recon

Aug 27 2017, 3:03 pm Wormer Post #4

The trigger must be owned by Player 5. Bring condition for hero unit must specify your human player. Try to Run Ai Script At Location and see if that helps. The location must cover the Hatchery, mineral patches and possibly drones too.

Some.

Aug 27 2017, 11:22 pm DarkenedFantasies Post #5

Roy's Secret Service

Quote from Wormer
The location must cover the Hatchery, mineral patches and possibly drones too.
A 3x4 location (or any size, really) centered over the Hatchery/Command Center/Nexus will suffice in almost every case. You might only need to cover things with the location or offset it from the town center when you have unconventional or distant mineral/gas placement.

Aug 28 2017, 6:30 pm Shooplor Post #6

Marshal

Thank you all for the great answers. I tried doing what you are saying.

Maybe I am not using the right script. I have attached a print screen so that you can see.

The idea behind it is to have the main character watch over the zerg as they are building up their base.

Attachments:
Print_Screen.png
Hits: 0 Size: 757.9kb

As easy as recon

Aug 28 2017, 9:45 pm Wormer Post #7

That's strange. Assuming Player 5 is the Computer player, but not Neutral, Rescuable or anything else, right?

Some.

Aug 29 2017, 10:12 pm Chowdere Post #8

Under "Player > Settings...", does Player 5 have 'Zerg' selected as their race?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.

Aug 30 2017, 12:13 am Pr0nogo Post #9

Here is the zerg expansion custom level script. These are the commands the game is receiving. Though if you don't have much knowledge of AI scripts, this might not be super useful.

I would suggest giving the AI starting resources of at least 1000 min/gas. If that doesn't do anything we can continue to troubleshoot possible causes.

Quote from Chowdere
Under "Player > Settings...", does Player 5 have 'Zerg' selected as their race?
Looks like he's using StarEdit, which doesn't allow non-zerg players to have zerg units pre-placed. This shouldn't impact the AI script anyways, as long as they still have zerg units and structures enabled in unit settings.

Aug 30 2017, 5:37 am NudeRaider Post #10

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Pr0nogo
Looks like he's using StarEdit, which doesn't allow non-zerg players to have zerg units pre-placed. This shouldn't impact the AI script anyways, as long as they still have zerg units and structures enabled in unit settings.
If I'm not completely mistaken the computer needs to be the correct race matching the AI script (and have the correct units) or the AI will build (only tier 1 units or) nothing at all.

Aug 30 2017, 2:18 pm DarkenedFantasies Post #11

Roy's Secret Service

That's correct but OP is saying the drones aren't moving at all, i.e. drones are not even mining. The only reasons I can think of why the computer player will sit there not doing anything are either the trigger doesn't fire or the zerg player is not a computer player.

I even took the time to reproduce his map's terrain and locations based off his screenshot to see if maybe it was the mineral placement or something, but I can't get my zerg AI to not do anything.

Perhaps the "Teleport 2" location has the necessary terrain elevation flag(s) unchecked? I'd like to take a peek at his proper map, that'll be helpful to pinpoint the problem.

Options
  Back to forum